Best Pay Site? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Best Pay Site?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Pay Site?

Postby Ron Santo » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:02 am

Hello all,
I am looking for a good pay site for the 2008 season. My Fantasy Football league moved to http://www.myfantasyleague.com this year, and the natives are itching for a baseball upgrade next. Can someone recommend a good site with plenty of customizable features, such as custom logo uploads and scoring options?

Thanks
"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."-- Rogers Hornsby
Ron Santo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Pay Site?

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:43 pm

Last time I played at CBS Sportsline, they allowed custom logos and had some other nice features. I really enjoyed playing there and I would say they have a superior product to Yahoo! Plus. Some of my league mates did not like it though and we ended up switching back to Yahoo!.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby converge241 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:18 pm

I prefer CBS in a choice
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 100)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:32 pm

FanStar meets all of your stated requirements. You can set up your league for free. Big plus. ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby RotoFan07 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:54 pm

I have heard some decent things about Rotowire's service. It is fairly cheap (around $70 I believe). I have not used it personally, but will be for '08 leagues. Switching from Yahoo.
RotoFan07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Don't know about Rotowire's baseball provider, but I used it last season for football and it was awful. It had some neat features such as an automated Free Agent Auction Bidding each week for waivers, but the interface was the worst of the four that I've ever tried (Sportsline, ESPN, Yahoo, and Rotowire). I'd have to see something pretty impressive out of them to use them again.

I've run a handful of leagues on Sportsline the past few years and won't run a baseball league anywhere else (of the ones that I've tried).

Primary reasons for liking CBS:
(1) Player pool is basically everyone in the majors and minors who you ever would want to draft or take for the future;
(2) Relatedly, all their major league and minor league stats are there for you to check out;
(3) Friendly interface for league (lets you post polls and stories/articles with uploaded pictures as well as upload your team logo's):
(4) and most importantly for baseball, lets you use and combine basically every statistic that is tracked. For football, I don't care so much since football scoring is so vanilla. But I find the standard 5x5 stats for baseball to be bad in measuring player values and anything that Sportsline tracks (which is basically everything) you can use and combine in any formula you can come up with. In one of my leagues, I have the calculation for Runs Created per game as a trackable stat... didn't end up using it for scoring, but it's possible to do.
0-3 to 4-3. Worst choke in the history of baseball. Enough said.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Philly_05 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:06 pm

I prefer sandbox. ;-D
Philly_05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 632)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:20 am

CBS in a pinch, top notch in all respects. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)

Postby sgnilloccaz » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Basic Yahoo! wit your boy Funston.
sgnilloccaz
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby RotoFan07 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:27 pm

Just throwing another one out there. I have heard decent things about Custom Stats as well. Customer service with them is supposed to be very good.
RotoFan07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner