Looking for a roto auction league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking for a roto auction league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking for a roto auction league

Postby Iggy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:40 pm

I am looking to join a new league with the following set up:

- entry fee of ~$50 to $100
- minimum of 14 teams and 400 total players on active and reserve rosters
- auction (slow auction on a message board, chat room, etc)
- 5 x 5 roto
- no minor league draft
- if a keeper league would prefer a small # of keepers, say 2 to 8
- preferably hosted on CBS Sportsline

I am an experienced fantasy baseball manager and can assure you I will remain active and competitive for the entire year. Rick
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking for a roto auction league

Postby mistersee » Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:58 am

Rick, i'm lookin for the same thing, and am starting to collect emails for such a league. So, if you like, i'll put you on the list. I'm an experienced commish but not for auction leagues, so I'm hopin someone else steps up.

-Anthony
mistersee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Writer

Postby Iggy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:07 pm

still looking
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:29 am

i'm looking for exactly the same thing if someone decides to start one of these...if we can get enough people but nobody wants to commish i'd be willing to do it or co-commish with someone else...if anyone wants to get one of these started for next year post here or send me an email

mailto:mgmarinakis@gmail.com
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby seamonkey » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:40 pm

I am looking for 1 more auction roto league but am unable to help commish b/c of time issues. Would join though.
seamonkey
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:32 pm

ok well it seems that we have a bit of interest but just need someone to take over and i have the time so i dont mind doing it.

heres what i'm thinking, though pretty much everything is flexible
CBS Sportsline
$50-100 fee (part of which go to sportsline fees)
14-16 teams
non-keeper (flexible if the majority wants a keeper league)
auction
5x5 roto
23 man active roster (14 hitter, 9 pitchers)
6 man bench
no minor league draft (though minor leaguers could be drafted to the regular roster during the draft)

anyone interested should shoot me an email at mailto:mgmarinakis@gmail.com so i can get a list going
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby mistersee » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Hey Giantsfan, All Other Takers...

I have an Mixed Auction League called BANG THE GAVEL that I'll be running which I will post a link to on this thread hopefully on Monday. I'm just ironing out the constitution and setting up threads for voting on a bunch of topics including:

-ROTO vs. H2H
-# of Keepers (if any)
-possible move from W category to QS.
-$30, $40, or $50 buy in

The only glaring difference I see in what you're proposing is the buy in so hopefully we can get a full on 12 plus teams within the next week. (I have about 4 GMs so far, not including posters to this thread)

I was very much hoping someone would step up to help me run it so maybe that can be you. I've been Commishing a small ROTO league for a couple of years but have been playing in a 20 teamer for over 5 years (winning the past 2x!... knock on wood) and have a good rep. of helping to write/interpret rules in a fair manner. What I lack is auction experience however, so I was hoping to get someone to help flesh out a Commisioner's council of 2 other active, knowledgable GMs. Anyway, if you're interested stay tuned and you can see the first draft of the constitution on Monday. Cool.

Anthony
mistersee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Writer

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:41 pm

that league seems interesting though its not entirely what i'm looking for, i may be interested in doing both however, let me know if you have any updates
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby mistersee » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:28 pm

Well, as I said earlier in this thread, I've been preparing to launch a new ROTO AUCTION league in the coming days. Some settings you should know are: weekly lineups, some keepers (5,7, or 9) and online auction at a site TBD. I'm hoping for 12-16 teams and have 6 so far, but its very early and I'm confident it will be filled within a month. Anyone interested in this league, please send me an email at mailto:mistersee@hushmail.com w/ your fantasy experience and I will send you a link to the proboards site. Thanks, Anthony
mistersee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Cafe Writer

Postby RotoFan07 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:47 pm

I would be interested in an auction league, but with no keepers. I like to draft will a full plate each year.

For what it is worth, I am going to be running some auction leagues this year myself. I would like to get a 12 Team AL, 13 Team NL, and/or 15 Team Mixed auction league going. Will use Rotowire for the service and the auction draft will be online. Entry will be around $50-$75 plus Rotowire fees (about $5 per owner).

If anyone has interest, shoot me a PM. I started a list of interested people a few weeks ago.

Thanks.
RotoFan07
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Classifieds