Super Mario Galaxy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Super Mario Galaxy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Super Mario Galaxy

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:33 am

My wife and I are getting further along in co-op mode and loving it. Almost halfway done with the 120 stars so far. Can anyone tell me how many you have to get before you "beat" the game and then have to go on to get the rest without a sense of satisfaction? ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:20 am

You have to get 60 to activate that final Bowser mission at the center of the universe. I've got around 95 now and the game is beginning to not be fun for me anymore. I've beaten all the real levels and just have the special comet levels left.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:20 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:You have to get 60 to activate that final Bowser mission at the center of the universe. I've got around 95 now and the game is beginning to not be fun for me anymore. I've beaten all the real levels and just have the special comet levels left.

Yeah I went to Bowser immediately upon unlocking him. It took me a few tries to get to him but only took two tries to beat him.

I think it was a great game and very easy to pick up and start playing. I'm sure I'll start playing again one day.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:06 am

Yeah, I haven't heard many people get past the 100 star mark that weren't either Mario addicts, OCD, and/or 8 year olds (though I think this one is harder for the young 'uns than any other I have player personally :-) ).
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:14 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Yeah, I haven't heard many people get past the 100 star mark that weren't either Mario addicts, OCD, and/or 8 year olds (though I think this one is harder for the young 'uns than any other I have player personally :-) ).

The regular levels weren't too bad, but the Purple Comet missions are a pain in the ass and not very much fun for me. I usually play the same level about 10 times in a row and then I am ready to break the controller and get a headache and have to turn it off for a day. :-°
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:30 am

I got about 12 stars and found myself with no time to play...can't wait till I have enough time to play again!
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:46 am

KCollins1304 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Yeah, I haven't heard many people get past the 100 star mark that weren't either Mario addicts, OCD, and/or 8 year olds (though I think this one is harder for the young 'uns than any other I have player personally :-) ).

The regular levels weren't too bad, but the Purple Comet missions are a pain in the ass and not very much fun for me. I usually play the same level about 10 times in a row and then I am ready to break the controller and get a headache and have to turn it off for a day. :-°

I hear ya on this one - pretty much all of the comets have their own varying level of annoying craziness, but these especially make me want to put the Wii-mote through my DLP screen
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:49 pm

I unlocked the final boss and beat it. Then I played like 3 more levels after the credits and decided that I wanted to send it back to gamefly.

I give the game a 9.8 its incredibly awesome. The only downside I can say is that the boss fights are somewhat repetitive.

Other then that wow what a game. I love Wii
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Previous

Return to Video Games