Preparing for 2008 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Beginner's Forum

Preparing for 2008

Re: Preparing for 2008

Postby kalibernc » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:16 am

Snakes Gould wrote:beginner??? you've been at the cafe for almost 4 years now! you should be an expert.

in all honesty, if you hang around here and soak in all the great information thats given, it's all you need.

I consider myself a beginner because it was 2004 when I last participated in any fantasy baseball. And that was my first year ever participating. So I am rediscovering what I learned before. And I'm looking for the best resources to prepare for 2008. :-D
Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun.
kalibernc
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JDD » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:30 pm

This may sound like a stretch.... but I am always amazed by where it takes me.

Go to google, and enter: Baseball Fantasy Average Draft Position

ADP works sometimes too.

Mock Draft Central is a good place to practice, but that google search will take you to sites that builds on what MDC is doing with their "Average Draft Position". That site is coming on like gangbusters, and I no longer need to run my own mocks where I play.

The search will take you to not just other sites, but other opinions. When I make my cheatsheets, I have two. How I value guys by position, and a master of list of where guys are going lately. I cross them off that ADP list as we draft. I use that list as a way to determine who my opponents are likely to draft next.

Example: If I am up in a 12 team snake draft, and half way thru the draft I see someone I want and he is among the eight players at the top of the list, I had better get him now, because the ADP suggests he will not be there when my turn comes around again. But if he is number 20 on the list, I can afford the roll the dice and leave him there. Chance are he will still be there when I am up again.

Sorry for the long post, but I think it is good to have a goal in mind when preparing for a draft. I want two lists... one by position based on my opinion, and a master ADP list to use... keeping in mind that I will look at IT and say "here is how the rest of the league will draft".

Good Luck to you.
--JDD
JDD
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kalibernc » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm

Thank you, JDD.
Sometimes you've got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It's called fun.
kalibernc
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RyeWhiskey » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:06 pm

J35J wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:in all honesty, if you hang around here and soak in all the great information thats given, it's all you need.

;-D

;-D
RyeWhiskey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:22 pm

To follow Snakes and JJ's comments, I have to say that this website has reshaped the way I look at fantasy baseball. I've learned a hell of a lot in 4 months and have made good use of websites that have been suggested by other cafe members including couchmanagers, rotoworld and baseball america. I feel like I'm more prepared for this year's draft than I've ever been before.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum