Brignac - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Tampa Bay Rays

Brignac

Moderators: hayseed, Baseball Moderators

Brignac

Postby RaysFan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:03 am

How much longer do you guys think he needs. From what little I've seen I think he could be up by the ASB in 08' and share some time with Wilson at SS because we need it.

As decent as Wilson is defensively ((and pitching-wise)) we need something more than a .260 BA with no power or speed from the SS position. If we wanted that we could just put Zobrist back there, but if we do that then we have to look at him play and thats just painful.

So when do you guys think he'll be ready, ST '08 / ASB '08 / ST '09 / ASB '09 / or beyond.

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
RaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brignac

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:48 am

Spring Training 09. Brignac was not impressive enough this past year to make Tampa feel they have to bring him up. He needs to have a good 08 both at the plate and in the field, and then Tampa should let him have a shot at the starting gig in 09.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RaysFan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Ok then, thanks...

what do you think is this guys potential at the major league level. .285 25/25 or do you think hes going to develop more towards power, defense, average, or speed.

Thanks to Alec03 for the awesome sig
RaysFan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:27 pm

RaysFan wrote:Ok then, thanks...

what do you think is this guys potential at the major league level. .285 25/25 or do you think hes going to develop more towards power, defense, average, or speed.

He will be more of a power bat. He needs to develop hos defense because it is terrible right now. I think Reid could hit 30 HR a year, which is great from the SS spot, but he won't hit for a great average and his defense will be average at best IMO
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:35 am

deerayfan072 wrote:

He will be more of a power bat. He needs to develop hos defense because it is terrible right now. I think Reid could hit 30 HR a year, which is great from the SS spot, but he won't hit for a great average and his defense will be average at best IMO

I see Reid developing more into a 275 hitter with 25 home run power, very few steals, a cannon for an arm, and OK defensively. Of course he has a ways to go as his defense is very suspect right now, but he has a great work ethic, so I think it improves. He will never be Tulo with the glove, but I think he can settle in the Rollins area of being decent not great. It honestly would not suprise me if Brignac never saw Tampa and in fact was traded midseason to shore up other areas.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:31 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

I see Reid developing more into a 275 hitter with 25 home run power, very few steals, a cannon for an arm, and OK defensively. Of course he has a ways to go as his defense is very suspect right now, but he has a great work ethic, so I think it improves. He will never be Tulo with the glove, but I think he can settle in the Rollins area of being decent not great. It honestly would not suprise me if Brignac never saw Tampa and in fact was traded midseason to shore up other areas.

If we could get a defensive guy in here during the off season I wouldn't mind that. Someone on DRAYSBay was talking about maybe trying to get Furcal. The Dodgers have Hu ready to come in and play SS and furcal is in the last year of his deal.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:16 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
If we could get a defensive guy in here during the off season I wouldn't mind that. Someone on DRAYSBay was talking about maybe trying to get Furcal. The Dodgers have Hu ready to come in and play SS and furcal is in the last year of his deal.

There are a few guys over there that are really clueless. If Stu is only going to improve payroll only by $10 million or so, no chance we land Furcal and his huge salary even for one year. I would hope that Kazmir and Pena are more of an important signing then a SS coming off a down year, especially one that is a leadoff hitter which should not be on our radar for the next few years.
raiders_umpire

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:25 am

raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

There are a few guys over there that are really clueless. If Stu is only going to improve payroll only by $10 million or so, no chance we land Furcal and his huge salary even for one year. I would hope that Kazmir and Pena are more of an important signing then a SS coming off a down year, especially one that is a leadoff hitter which should not be on our radar for the next few years.

From what I have heard about Kaz and Pena they are going to let them go to Arbitration and get their salary and then work on long term deals during the year. I am fine with that personally
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:12 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

From what I have heard about Kaz and Pena they are going to let them go to Arbitration and get their salary and then work on long term deals during the year. I am fine with that personally

That is fine as well, but there will still be some severe raises from arbitration. Kaz will probably be looking at 5 million and Pena probably a bit more. That pretty much takes care of the 10 million Stu was talking about spending.
raiders_umpire

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:24 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:That is fine as well, but there will still be some severe raises from arbitration. Kaz will probably be looking at 5 million and Pena probably a bit more. That pretty much takes care of the 10 million Stu was talking about spending.

From what I heard they believe Kaz will get between 3 and 3.5 Mill while Pena will get between 5 and 7 Mill
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Tampa Bay Rays