Colts Caught in a Milli Vanilli Moment? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Colts Caught in a Milli Vanilli Moment?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Colts Caught in a Milli Vanilli Moment?

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:36 am

Lofunzo wrote:
bigken117 wrote:He could say what almost everyone else has said, and that's something along the lines of how the Pats disgraced the game's integrity and it tarnishes their Super Bowl wins and their legacy. Instead he's telling it like it is.

Look, I agree there is a gain from it, but it wouldn't be useful until the next time the teams played each other. It's not like the tape can get fed up to the booth, the booth breaks it down, relays it to the field, it gets relayed to Brady, he audibles, and gets the snap off...if 35 seconds. I just don't see it.
Besides teams have been stealing signs since the beginning of time. That's why coaches cover their mouths with clipboards when they call plays. While I'm not proud they went to that extreme (or got ratted out), it's only a big deal because it was the dominant franchise of this decade that did get caught. If this happened to Buffalo, the story wouldn't drag out like this, there'd be no bitter Steeler fans in the Senate calling to speak with the commissioner, no lead stories on SportsCenter 5 months later, or bitter ex-employees who got canned for looking for other jobs trying to sell their story to cover legal fees.

I really hate this argument. With good technology, it could be used right away. As for your claim that everyone does it, I must laugh. Does everyone hire a person to tape things?? NO!! Only BB has gotten caught. And it wasn't a Steelers fan senator that got this rolling. ;-)

agreed. and taping walk-throughs can be a huge deal, considering most teams practice their first scripted 15 plays and red-zone plays.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk