Colts Caught in a Milli Vanilli Moment? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Colts Caught in a Milli Vanilli Moment?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Colts Caught in a Milli Vanilli Moment?

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:12 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Please expand on why you are apparently stereotyping me.

Your response of "LMAO" to my post without any explanation leads me to believe you are one of the people I was talking about.

So, because something lead you to believe that I was 1 of them, you can come on here and blindly insult me?? :-t :-t

You laughed at my post, when it wasn't a joke, and since you offered no explanation, what else am I supposed to think it means?
Last edited by teddy ballgame on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:12 pm

Yoda wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Your response of "LMAO" to my post without any explanation leads me to believe you are one of the people I was talking about.

I don't see how Pats video taping signals is the same as the Colts apparently NOT doing anything wrong... But anyway:

Me either...that's not what I said.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:32 pm

You've got to be kidding me.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:45 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

So, because something lead you to believe that I was 1 of them, you can come on here and blindly insult me?? :-t :-t

You almost sound surprised. Par for the course, Lo, unfortunately.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 348)

Postby knapplc » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:05 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:A few more Boston fans and Football Cafers in here and I'll be there in a week :-]

WHAT?!?!?! Why I oughtta....!!!!!

Where's that feedback button!! ImageImage

j/k
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Hmmm interesting... Spygate seems like the real deal.

Do all teams really video tape practices of other teams? Given that the Pats went 18-0 without videos (presumably) of other teams this year, how much would that help?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigken117 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:58 pm

Dick Vermeil wrote:That stuff's been going on forever and I don't think you gain from it.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:48 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Dick Vermeil wrote:That stuff's been going on forever and I don't think you gain from it.

What else is he going to say?? He's laying low and had nothing to do with the game at hand. I also disagree that there is nothing to gain because, if there wasn't, why would there be a rule against it??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby bigken117 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
bigken117 wrote:

What else is he going to say?? He's laying low and had nothing to do with the game at hand. I also disagree that there is nothing to gain because, if there wasn't, why would there be a rule against it??

He could say what almost everyone else has said, and that's something along the lines of how the Pats disgraced the game's integrity and it tarnishes their Super Bowl wins and their legacy. Instead he's telling it like it is.

Look, I agree there is a gain from it, but it wouldn't be useful until the next time the teams played each other. It's not like the tape can get fed up to the booth, the booth breaks it down, relays it to the field, it gets relayed to Brady, he audibles, and gets the snap off...if 35 seconds. I just don't see it.
Besides teams have been stealing signs since the beginning of time. That's why coaches cover their mouths with clipboards when they call plays. While I'm not proud they went to that extreme (or got ratted out), it's only a big deal because it was the dominant franchise of this decade that did get caught. If this happened to Buffalo, the story wouldn't drag out like this, there'd be no bitter Steeler fans in the Senate calling to speak with the commissioner, no lead stories on SportsCenter 5 months later, or bitter ex-employees who got canned for looking for other jobs trying to sell their story to cover legal fees.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:40 am

bigken117 wrote:He could say what almost everyone else has said, and that's something along the lines of how the Pats disgraced the game's integrity and it tarnishes their Super Bowl wins and their legacy. Instead he's telling it like it is.

Look, I agree there is a gain from it, but it wouldn't be useful until the next time the teams played each other. It's not like the tape can get fed up to the booth, the booth breaks it down, relays it to the field, it gets relayed to Brady, he audibles, and gets the snap off...if 35 seconds. I just don't see it.
Besides teams have been stealing signs since the beginning of time. That's why coaches cover their mouths with clipboards when they call plays. While I'm not proud they went to that extreme (or got ratted out), it's only a big deal because it was the dominant franchise of this decade that did get caught. If this happened to Buffalo, the story wouldn't drag out like this, there'd be no bitter Steeler fans in the Senate calling to speak with the commissioner, no lead stories on SportsCenter 5 months later, or bitter ex-employees who got canned for looking for other jobs trying to sell their story to cover legal fees.

I really hate this argument. With good technology, it could be used right away. As for your claim that everyone does it, I must laugh. Does everyone hire a person to tape things?? NO!! Only BB has gotten caught. And it wasn't a Steelers fan senator that got this rolling. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk