HeroScape or.......?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

HeroScape or.......??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

HeroScape or.......??

Postby J35J » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:52 pm

So has anyone played HeroScape? Any other "similar" games you've played and enjoyed? I like these types of games and was wanting to get into another one.

So, any suggestions?

Thanks!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: HeroScape or.......??

Postby Grouperman941 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm

HeroScape is pretty good -- not a really great battle sim if you have ever been into that, but a pretty fun game based on that sort of thing.

I play with my 7-year-old. Once kids can read and do simple math and are mature enough to realize you can't go around slashing people in real life, they can play. There are actually 2 versions -- each character card has 2 sides -- one is really simple and very random like a board game, the other gives the characters special abilities and makes player skill more important.

The included scenarios are OK, but it is a lot more fun to make your own battlefield and create scenarios for yourselves.

A lot of expansions are available, and the sets make the game more fun.

It also takes a while to create the battlefield, but nothing like making it out of hex paper. ;-) We typically leave it up for days at atime and make minor changes if we are going to play.

We usually end up getting into it around the holidays, since my son generally gets an expansion set or 2 as gifts, and these are a great time killer when family is over. ;-D
Be excellent to each other.
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby J35J » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:33 pm

Thanks for the info Grouper.....seems to be pretty much like I would have expected. I'll probably give it a try sometime soon.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Grouperman941 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:36 pm

Just thought I'd bump this --

Went to Target today and noticed they have 2 new master sets -- a second edition which comes with a lot of new figures, and a Marvel comics edition with Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, and a few others, each with a nemesis. Looks like they can be used right in the normal game, too.

I ... er ... my 7 y/o was flipping out reading the boxes in the store. lol

PS -- We had an epic battle on Thanksgiving. :-)
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby J35J » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:56 am

Grouperman941 wrote:Just thought I'd bump this --

Went to Target today and noticed they have 2 new master sets -- a second edition which comes with a lot of new figures, and a Marvel comics edition with Spiderman, Captain America, Hulk, and a few others, each with a nemesis. Looks like they can be used right in the normal game, too.

yeah, I went out and got a masterset soon after I posted this original thread. I've been going back and getting some expansion squads every so often as well. I've got my brother into it and a couple of buddies in it as well.....needless to say we have a few mastersets and a few expansions and its been great fun!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Grouperman941 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:12 pm

J35J wrote:
Grouperman941 wrote:Just thought I'd bump this --

yeah, I went out and got a masterset soon after I posted this original thread. I've been going back and getting some expansion squads every so often as well. I've got my brother into it and a couple of buddies in it as well.....needless to say we have a few mastersets and a few expansions and its been great fun!!

rofl. ;-D
Grouperman941
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Return to General Talk