Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it!

Postby stevethumb » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:54 am

the concept is intriguing and the characters interesting and the dialogue is witty but ultimately the show will fail because the mysteries or murder solving is elementary and juvenile...the back stories are well thought out but the weekly plots fall short
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CheeseBeger » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:36 pm

stevethumb wrote:the concept is intriguing and the characters interesting and the dialogue is witty but ultimately the show will fail because the mysteries or murder solving is elementary and juvenile...the back stories are well thought out but the weekly plots fall short

CSI doesn't seem to have this problem. !+)

Yeah I really like Daisies, but it makes me wonder how many seasons they will be able to do it.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:44 am

Simulacrum wrote:I like this show a lot, but the producers must think the concept is too complicated, because half of every stinking episode is taken up with explanations about the Pie-Man's powers and how unique his situation is. I've watched three episodes, I GET IT. Let's get the story rolling in full please. ;-D

I hope this show gets the attention it deserves, because there are about 10 billion different directions they could take this show in the coming seasons. He can bring back dead bodies to life and talk to them about their deaths- imagine the possibilities!

I love that his restaurant is called The Pie Hole. 8th grade humor, but funny. :-b

yeah, that bugs me too (although i know it's the new viewers angle) but not as much as the "so and so was 37 years, 8 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 17 hours, 16 minutes, 9 seconds and .0145 nano-seconds old"

i guess that Chuck chick did some nude scenes, but i've been to lazy to go check it out

oh...and when will he figure out to just get the full body condoms like in Naked Gun
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk