Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it!

Postby CheeseBeger » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:30 pm

ABC has a new show called Pushing Daisies. It is probably the best new show that I have seen in awhile. Here is the synopsis:

Pushing Daisies is a "forensic fairy tale" that focuses on Ned, a pie maker with the mysterious ability to make the dead live again. The gift is not without its complications — if he touches someone that he's revived a second time, they die permanently; and if a person is revived for more than 60 seconds, someone else nearby dies. According to Ned, "it's a random proximity thing," although it affects beings that are similar in nature to the revived — leaving an insect alive will kill another insect, while leaving a person alive will kill another person.

I heard about it from one of my roommates and was pretty skeptical about it. After giving it a watch it is now one of my favorite shows. It is extremely light-hearted, creative, witty and has some of the best writing that I have seen.

ABC.com has all the episodes (4 so far) available for free to watch.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pushing Daisies -> Go watch it!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:58 pm

it's been pretty good...i was worried they wouldnt be able to stretch out the concept but so far they'ev done a good job.

sadly i dont see it lasting the season
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby teddy ballgame » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:10 pm

I've been meaning to watch this online and see if I like it. I was going to start today since we had a half day of school, but I just didn't get around to it. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:09 am

I like this show a lot, but the producers must think the concept is too complicated, because half of every stinking episode is taken up with explanations about the Pie-Man's powers and how unique his situation is. I've watched three episodes, I GET IT. Let's get the story rolling in full please. ;-D

I hope this show gets the attention it deserves, because there are about 10 billion different directions they could take this show in the coming seasons. He can bring back dead bodies to life and talk to them about their deaths- imagine the possibilities!

I love that his restaurant is called The Pie Hole. 8th grade humor, but funny. :-b
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby CheeseBeger » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:38 pm

Yeah I know what you mean about the explanations. They are trying to get new viewers though and it would be hard to jump into with out some explanation.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:17 pm

I've been meaning to watch this but it wasn't advertised at all. In fact, the only new show I remember being advertised at all is "Chuck" and I would seriously rather die a "choke-on-my-own-vomit" death than watch that. Why don't networks ever, EVER , advertise their good shows?
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:20 pm

Coppermine wrote:I've been meaning to watch this but it wasn't advertised at all. In fact, the only new show I remember being advertised at all is "Chuck" and I would seriously rather die a "choke-on-my-own-vomit" death than watch that. Why don't networks ever, EVER , advertise their good shows?

I remember seeing quite a few ads for this. I guess it depends on when you were watching what channels.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Coppermine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:28 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
Coppermine wrote:I've been meaning to watch this but it wasn't advertised at all. In fact, the only new show I remember being advertised at all is "Chuck" and I would seriously rather die a "choke-on-my-own-vomit" death than watch that. Why don't networks ever, EVER , advertise their good shows?

I remember seeing quite a few ads for this. I guess it depends on when you were watching what channels.

Yeah, I probably don't watch quite enough TV these days; especially on <ugh> ABC. I think I would love this show but it's just too late :,-(
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:49 pm

Coppermine wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Yeah, I probably don't watch quite enough TV these days; especially on <ugh> ABC. I think I would love this show but it's just too late :,-(

You can still catch up online. They have all of the episodes up on ABC.com. ;-D
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:35 am

IIRC there have been some advertisements for a show call FrankTV.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Next

Return to General Talk