100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Guitar Hero 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Guitar Hero 3

Postby Yoda » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:the jump from medium to hard is not too bad. but the next one is obviously the most challenging. my only tip is make sure you're hitting the notes the right way. i got so used to only using 1 or 2 fingers that the jump from hard to expert was so difficult for me. i basically had to go back and do everything all over again. let me know when you're on expert, maybe we can battle!

What is the right way? I am still trying to get 5 stars on medium and will make the jump to hard this week/weekend. I have it for the Wii BTW so I don't think we can battle. You'd kick my ass anyway.

i think he means playing with 4 fingers (index on green, middle on red, ring on yellow, blue on pinky)...i'm trying to teach myself to do the same. for hard/expert you are supposed to shift down so pinky on orange, ring on blue, etc and play green/red with your index (i think)

Oh... I play with 4 fingers now and will need to slide my hand down when going to hard.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:05 pm

I actually only use 3 fingers, even on Expert. I never got the hang of using my pinky while playing real guitar, and so far the same is true for Guitar Hero. Luckily my hands are big enough I can stretch them pretty far to cover any 3 note chords, and I just slide my hand up and down the neck when I have to switch from the top to bottom quickly.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby acsguitar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:01 pm

I use all 4 fingers because I'm a god at guitar, ask your mom, and its easier to keep track.

However, I have small hands, ask your mom, and i move down sometimes.

So far I breezed through easy (Raining blood was the only one I had to try twice)

And I'm a quarter through medium (Pretty easy as well)

Hard should be fun

Expert looks frickin impossible.

Anyone got the PC version?? Can I play Xboxers??
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby pokerplaya » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 pm

I'm at about your skill level Yoda. Have 5 stars on all but 1 song on medium, but I am having a very tough time on Hard.

And now that I just got a Wii last weekend, this might take a back seat for a while...
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:45 am

Good freaking lord I can't pass Talk Easy to Me on hard right now... So hard. And I had the song in my head when I woke up this morning. I'll try more this weekend.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:57 am

Yoda wrote:Good freaking lord I can't pass Talk Easy to Me on hard right now... So hard. And I had the song in my head when I woke up this morning. I'll try more this weekend.

A tip from a guitarist, me, if you can't get a song put it down for a while and come back to it. Usually you'll do better if you give your brain a little rest.

I can't count the amount of times I've got pissed off trying to figure out a solo then put the guitar down and the next day got it on the first try.
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 pm

Yeah with GHII I couldn't pass one of the last songs on Expert and eventually I got so pissed I didn't play for like a week. The next time I turned it back on, I beat it on the 2nd try.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:55 pm

I passed the first two songs on hard. Only 80% but that was what I got when I first played on medium so I'm pretty psyched.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:40 pm

I'm doing decent on hard. Although the hammer on / pulloffs are such BS. They are nothing like the real timing. I swear to god I'm timing them correctly (since I know how to play the songs) but its not registering correctly.

Also I have found COD4 multiplayer which is the greatest thing ever
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby dclark0699 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:03 am

My new challenge since I beat the game on expert is I'm trying to learn to play left-handed.

It's even more difficult than I imagined. Though going back to the Guitar Hero II game, I was able to beat the whole thing on Medium left-handed. But I can't pass any of the songs at all on hard. And I can't do chords. Weird to think I probably used to be this bad playing right handed.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games