Guitar Hero 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

Guitar Hero 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Guitar Hero 3

Postby Simulacrum » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:37 pm

The fact that they included "Reign in Blood" was all the reason I needed to put GH3 on my "must have" christmas list. :-L
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bleach168 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:43 pm

Anyone else excited about Rock Band?
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:05 pm

Woo!! GF said I can purchase guitar hero tommorrow!!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:Woo!! GF said I can purchase guitar hero tommorrow!!

how long is mommy...errr...GF gonna let you play for?

damn...now i want to leave work early to go play :,-( :~(
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:43 am

permission? boooo.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tavish » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:17 pm

I never did end up getting GH3 after I started playing Frets on Fire every so often (not nearly enough to be very good). Normally I just check out some of the new user songs and replay some of my favorites over and over.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Yoda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:00 pm

So did you get it? I think I'm close to mastering at medium now. Raining Blood is almost impossible and I tried to play Talk Dirty to Me at hard. The orange button is going to break me but I'm looking forward to the challenge. My wife hates me because I played it all weekend while she was doing her school work. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:16 am

Yoda wrote:

So did you get it? I think I'm close to mastering at medium now. Raining Blood is almost impossible and I tried to play Talk Dirty to Me at hard. The orange button is going to break me but I'm looking forward to the challenge. My wife hates me because I played it all weekend while she was doing her school work. :-D

the jump from medium to hard is not too bad. but the next one is obviously the most challenging. my only tip is make sure you're hitting the notes the right way. i got so used to only using 1 or 2 fingers that the jump from hard to expert was so difficult for me. i basically had to go back and do everything all over again. let me know when you're on expert, maybe we can battle!

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:33 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:the jump from medium to hard is not too bad. but the next one is obviously the most challenging. my only tip is make sure you're hitting the notes the right way. i got so used to only using 1 or 2 fingers that the jump from hard to expert was so difficult for me. i basically had to go back and do everything all over again. let me know when you're on expert, maybe we can battle!

What is the right way? I am still trying to get 5 stars on medium and will make the jump to hard this week/weekend. I have it for the Wii BTW so I don't think we can battle. You'd kick my ass anyway.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:31 pm

Yoda wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:the jump from medium to hard is not too bad. but the next one is obviously the most challenging. my only tip is make sure you're hitting the notes the right way. i got so used to only using 1 or 2 fingers that the jump from hard to expert was so difficult for me. i basically had to go back and do everything all over again. let me know when you're on expert, maybe we can battle!

What is the right way? I am still trying to get 5 stars on medium and will make the jump to hard this week/weekend. I have it for the Wii BTW so I don't think we can battle. You'd kick my ass anyway.

i think he means playing with 4 fingers (index on green, middle on red, ring on yellow, blue on pinky)...i'm trying to teach myself to do the same. for hard/expert you are supposed to shift down so pinky on orange, ring on blue, etc and play green/red with your index (i think)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games