2007 Offseason Signings/Trades - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:01 am

mweir145 wrote:The Jays signed Rod Barajas as a backup last week for 1.2M a year after he turned down their 2 year/5.5M offer last offseason, if anybody cares.


i care...im glad hes outta here.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Sean Casey Signs With Red Sox
Sean Casey has signed a one-year, $700K deal with the Red Sox according to ESPN's Peter Gammons.

Casey, 33, provides a left-handed bench bat and can spell Kevin Youkilis at first base. His power may not be much but he can be counted on for a .350 OBP.


Woohoo! ;-7
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11421
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby mweir145 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
mweir145 wrote:The Jays signed Rod Barajas as a backup last week for 1.2M a year after he turned down their 2 year/5.5M offer last offseason, if anybody cares.


i care...im glad hes outta here.

As much as I like Sal Fasano, Barajas is a better backup option than him.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby KCollins1304 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:14 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:
mweir145 wrote:The Jays signed Rod Barajas as a backup last week for 1.2M a year after he turned down their 2 year/5.5M offer last offseason, if anybody cares.


i care...im glad hes outta here.

As much as I like Sal Fasano, Barajas is a better backup option than him.


You'll be left in the dust in a 6x6 with mustaches for position players and pitchers.
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby MasterX1918 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:23 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:You'll be left in the dust in a 6x6 with mustaches for position players and pitchers.

this stat category always leaves me hoping that Rollie Fingers will come out of retirement.
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:44 pm

Hinske signed with the Rays
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:51 am

Benson signed with the Phils.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:43 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:Benson signed with the Phils.


which one? Anna or Kris :-D
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 13448
(Past Year: 31)
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tampa

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:42 am

colon signs with the red sox.
Image

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16051
Joined: 1 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eternal Bliss

Re: 2007 Offseason Signings/Trades

Postby mweir145 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:15 pm

The Jays signed Shannon Stewart to a minor league contract, and it appears that the chances are pretty good that he beats Reed Johnson out for a job. This signing could lead to the trade of Johnson or Adam Lind.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Monday, Sep. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Baltimore at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Pittsburgh at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Houston at Texas
(8:05 pm)

Sunday, Aug. 31

Cleveland at Cody
(8:07 pm)
indoors

Monday, Sep. 22

Arizona at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Colorado at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact