Next Yankee 3B? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Next Yankee 3B?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Next Yankee 3B?

Postby pjalst » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:18 am

It Looks like here are only 4 Free agent 3Bs available this Off-season they are:

Cirillo
Mike Lamb
Koskie
A. Nunez

It looks like a trade will be in order to fill the corner vacancy. Question is, what do the Yankees give up?
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1354
(Past Year: 59)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Niskayuna, NY

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:23 am

I haven't looked at the situation/options yet, but they have Betemit on the roster right now it would appear he's the favorite.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:11 pm

Posted on another thread but I'd like it of the Yanks went after Joe Crede.
Image
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1681
Joined: 9 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby pjalst » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Once I find out what team Me-Rod is going to i'm buying tix to that first game at the Stadium. I can see it now, when they announce him at his first at bat. People are going to Boo and throwing money on the field. I'll get paid. ;-D
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1354
(Past Year: 59)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Niskayuna, NY

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby blankman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:43 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:I haven't looked at the situation/options yet, but they have Betemit on the roster right now it would appear he's the favorite.


You beat me to it.

Betemit should be the guy.

Just anyone but Lowell. That's going to be a horrible investment for whoever.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:06 pm

Crede makes sense, except the Yankees would need to trade for him. I remember reading that when the Angels asked the ChiSox about Crede, they wanted Lackey back.

If the White Sox are that delusional, then I'll wait until next year when he's a FA.
25
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 11949
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:30 pm

blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I haven't looked at the situation/options yet, but they have Betemit on the roster right now it would appear he's the favorite.


You beat me to it.

Betemit should be the guy.

Just anyone but Lowell. That's going to be a horrible investment for whoever.


You really think that they are going to have Betemit follow A-Rod?? Betemit strikes out more than once in every 4 AB and has more career K's than hits. He's a quality bench player but I would cringe if he starts at 3B.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby blankman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
blankman wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:I haven't looked at the situation/options yet, but they have Betemit on the roster right now it would appear he's the favorite.


You beat me to it.

Betemit should be the guy.

Just anyone but Lowell. That's going to be a horrible investment for whoever.


You really think that they are going to have Betemit follow A-Rod?? Betemit strikes out more than once in every 4 AB and has more career K's than hits. He's a quality bench player but I would cringe if he starts at 3B.


What is with you?

You follow me around these boards trying to poke holes in everything I say and yet you never offer a solution of your own. Why did you quote me for saying Betemit, but ignored it when BB said it?

There are plenty of examples I can show you of this. When I called you on it last year, with the 2006 report card, you never posted your report card, instead you just nitpicked at mine. If you have a problem, just say so, instead of nitpicking while offering no better ideas.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:00 pm

blankman wrote:What is with you?

You follow me around these boards trying to poke holes in everything I say and yet you never offer a solution of your own. Why did you quote me for saying Betemit, but ignored it when BB said it?

There are plenty of examples I can show you of this. When I called you on it last year, with the 2006 report card, you never posted your report card, instead you just nitpicked at mine. If you have a problem, just say so, instead of nitpicking while offering no better ideas.


Are you serious?? You really need to relax. You respond to Yankee threads. I am a Yankee fan. Is that clear enough?? Show me what you want. It's just not true. Are you really questioning why I replied in a Yankee thread?? Get over yourself.

Now, as for Betemit, BB said that he's on the roster now so he's the favorite. A lot of things can change. I am quite sure that BB would agree with that. As for why I didn't say who I would like, it's because I don't know. There is too much time before the season starts. I really don't love any FA besides A-Rod and Lowell (to a lesser extent). They claim that A-Rod is officially gone so I will take them at their word. I expect Lowell to resign with Boston. I do know who I don't want as the starting 3B. Betemit, for the resons that you ripped to shreds.

Nice detective work.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Next Yankee 3B?

Postby pjalst » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:41 pm

Add Pedro Feliz and Tony Batista to the FA list
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1354
(Past Year: 59)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Niskayuna, NY

Next

Return to New York Yankees

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact