Where to download high quality TV commercials? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Where to download high quality TV commercials?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where to download high quality TV commercials?

Postby Simulacrum » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:45 pm

I've been asked to use one of the Capital One commercials in a project for my work- a video piece about vikings. Does anyone know a place they could be downloaded cheaply, if not freely? Legal would be nice too. :*)

Thanks! ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where to download high quality TV commercials?

Postby Tavish » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:35 pm

How are you planning on using it in your project. Depending on the type of use the only "legal" way to download and use it may be to contact Capital One and have them grant you permission to use their IP.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 26)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:36 pm

Tavish wrote:How are you planning on using it in your project. Depending on the type of use the only "legal" way to download and use it may be to contact Capital One and have them grant you permission to use their IP.

Right, as long as you're making this viking documentary as something that makes the material different in any way, it constitutes fair use.

As for downloading commercials, I usually use VideoDownloader for Youtube and Veoh has its own download feature. The most legal way to do it is ask Capital One for IP or go to a site where copyrighted content can be freely used. Such sites exist, but I forget what they were exactly. At my company, we've pointed video producers to sites where they can use the music or whatever medium freely without having to go through the legal mumbo-jumbo. I suppose you can go to Creative Commons as a starting point.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Simulacrum » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 am

Tavish wrote:How are you planning on using it in your project. Depending on the type of use the only "legal" way to download and use it may be to contact Capital One and have them grant you permission to use their IP.

It turns out that since I work in education we are legally allowed to use the commercial for educational purposes as long as we aren't making money off of it.

AD, I'll try your idea- thanks.

Thanks for the posts, Tav and AD. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Return to General Talk