100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What on Earth?!?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What on Earth?!?

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 pm

Mystery cat takes regular bus to the shops
Last updated at 13:13pm on 12th April 2007

Bus drivers have nicknamed a white cat Macavity after it has started using the No 331 several mornings a week.

The feline, which has a purple collar, gets onto the busy Walsall to Wolverhampton bus at the same stop most mornings - he then jumps off at the next stop 400m down the road, near a fish and chip shop.

The cat, nicknamed Macavity, has one blue eye and one green eye

The cat was nicknamed Macavity after the mystery cat in T.S Elliot's poem. He gets on the bus in front of a row of 1950s semi-detached houses and jumps off at a row of shops down the road which include a fish and chip shop.

Driver Bill Khunkhun, 49, who first saw the cat jumping from the bus in January, said: "It is really odd, the first time I saw the cat jumping off the bus with a group of passengers. I hadn't seen it get on which was a bit confusing.

"The next day I pulled up on Churchill Road to let a couple of passengers on. As soon as I opened the doors the cat ran towards the bus, jumped on and ran under one of the seats, I don't think any of the passengers noticed.

"Because I had seen it jump off the day before I carried on driving and sure enough when I stopped just down the road he jumped off - I don't know why he would catch the bus but he seems to like it. I told some of the other drivers on this route and they have seen him too."

Since January, when the cat first caught the bus he has done it two or three times a week and always gets on and off at the same stops. (!!!!!)

Passenger, Paul Brennan, 19, who catches the 331 to work, said: "I first noticed the cat a few weeks ago. At first I thought it had been accompanied by its owner but after the first stop it became quite clear he was on his own.

"He sat at the front of the bus, waited patiently for the next stop and then got off. It was was quite strange at first but now it just seems normal. I suppose he is the perfect passenger really - he sits quietly, minds his own business and then gets off."

How on earth does it know where to get off, and what on earth is it doing?!? :-S

Link
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: What on Earth?!?

Postby Madison » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Just wait, I'm sure someone will mention the cat owing money for riding the bus. :*)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby knapplc » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:07 pm

Madison wrote:Just wait, I'm sure someone will mention the cat owing money for riding the bus. :*)

No fooling around - I almost posted "And how is that cat paying for those rides?" but I got called away for lunch. I'm just now checking back, and here you go, spoiling my clever post. :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:29 pm

How funny and bizarre. :-b X-I
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:08 pm

Nevermind the cat. My question is to you, Slugs, why on earth are you reading the Daily Mail? They run nothing but dirty, far-fetched celebrity tabloids on that paper. ;-7 :-b

Nice story and smart cat. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:20 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:Nevermind the cat. My question is to you, Slugs, why on earth are you reading the Daily Mail? They run nothing but dirty, far-fetched celebrity tabloids on that paper. ;-7 :-b

I saw it in the lolcat picture thread I frequent. ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:27 am

StlSluggers wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:Nevermind the cat. My question is to you, Slugs, why on earth are you reading the Daily Mail? They run nothing but dirty, far-fetched celebrity tabloids on that paper. ;-7 :-b

...and the "StlSluggers is a chick" faction picks up more evidence...
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:41 am

Mookie4ever wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:

...and the "StlSluggers is a chick" faction picks up more evidence...

I don't know how it works in Canada, but down here, "factions" require more than one crazy Canadian before they take that name.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:48 am

StlGirly wrote:Image

:-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:10 am

Hey Mook... I didn't know your mom was in that thread.

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk