100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby thedude » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:12 am

mweir145 wrote:
thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'll take that bet. The Raptors are in for a huge season with Bargnani on the verge of breaking out, while the Celtics are all hype. 1 injury to the "Big 3" and that team will struggle to make the playoffs. Their roster outside of those guys is actually quite humorous.


Sig? Avatar? I'm down.

An avatar bet, I guess. I'll take down my great avatar of this week's winner on the PGA Tour for any length of time that you want, and put something Celtics-related in it's place. Same with you, only it will be Raptors related. I'm that confident in this one.



Let's make it 2 months. Regular season record. Bet?

BTW: I went to about a dozen celtics games last year and watched most of the others. I suffered through Pierce's injury and tony Allen's. I watched Al Jefferson become a man. Before that i watched the disgrace that were the Rick Patino Celtics. And the ML Carr days. I am a real fan.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:03 am

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
thedude wrote:Sig? Avatar? I'm down.

An avatar bet, I guess. I'll take down my great avatar of this week's winner on the PGA Tour for any length of time that you want, and put something Celtics-related in it's place. Same with you, only it will be Raptors related. I'm that confident in this one.

Let's make it 2 months. Regular season record. Bet?

Alright.

BTW: I went to about a dozen celtics games last year and watched most of the others. I suffered through Pierce's injury and tony Allen's. I watched Al Jefferson become a man. Before that i watched the disgrace that were the Rick Patino Celtics. And the ML Carr days. I am a real fan.

Some are, most aren't.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby bigken117 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:34 am

mweir145 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
Yeah, that's right. Guys like Jason Kapono and Jorge Garbageosa and Carlos Delfino strike fear into other coaches....seriously, one injury to the brittle Bosh and Toronto becomes the front runner for the overrated OJ Mayo. Mookie, Kimchi, lets do the damn thing. I will take this bet versus one of you.


You Boston Celtics fans all crack me up. Maybe it's because at this time last year, there were none of you. Suddenly as a result of a trade or two, you're all coming out of the woodwork. It's fine with me, just another bunch of fans for my team to disappoint.

Surely you do realize that Chris Bosh was out for 13 games last year due to injury...


I've been a Celtic fan longer than *your* team has been around...Did you do a survey last season asking how many Celtic fans there were? Since you know there were none of us, I'd like to see where I missed it. Please show me, where did I say I wasn't a Celtic fan last year?

I won't bite on your ignorant comments calling me ignorant because everyone on these boards knows that you try and bait people, but the Raps were under .500 when Bosh was out last season. If that's staying afloat...

I'm not saying the Celtics bench is anything to get worked up about, as health plays a vital role to any team trying to contend, but people are only knocking the C's behind the "Big 3" because they aren't all-stars. Tony Allen may not be 100%, but he's a nice defender who scored 16.4 PPG as a starter last season, Rondo's #s as a starter, 10+ ppg, 5+ rpg 5+ apg, 2.4 steals, Posey can shoot the 3, all Perk needs to do is stay out of foul trouble, Big Baby can score down low, and let's not forget about the energy Scalabrine brings ;-D
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 248)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby Mookie4ever » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:02 pm

The Celt's best chance to win is this year. They have completely mortgaged their future for the chance of winning this year. I put their chances of winning it all this year at precisely 4%.

The Celts may be the slowest team in the NBA. They will plod their way into a half court offence and try to bull their way to the basket or set a pick to get a free shot for one of their shooters. Not exactly exciting basketball and they will be run off the court by the faster teams. Do they have any chance against the Spurs, Suns or Mavs? Not even a little one. This old lineup will decline quickly and they have no youth or draft picks to fill in the gaps.

Congrats to the management of the Celtics. They managed to compile some exciting young talent and then when they were forced to trade it all away they actually managed to get some quality. Making the moves in the first place was stupid and I place all of the blame on their impatient uneducated fans. Being Red Sox fans they think that they can just buy themselves a championship like they do in baseball and they get all upset with any suggestion of rebuilding. You have to rebuild in a salary cap sport unless you have a mad cheating genius at the helm but I don't think that Bellicick knows much about basketball. Not only is rebuilding necessary to win but I would much rather watch a team that is rebuilding than a slow plodding group of free agents that have never won at any stage of their careers.

So congrats Celt fans, you now have the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NBA. clap clap.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 257)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby thedude » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:47 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:The Celt's best chance to win is this year. They have completely mortgaged their future for the chance of winning this year. I put their chances of winning it all this year at precisely 4%.

The Celts may be the slowest team in the NBA. They will plod their way into a half court offence and try to bull their way to the basket or set a pick to get a free shot for one of their shooters. Not exactly exciting basketball and they will be run off the court by the faster teams. Do they have any chance against the Spurs, Suns or Mavs? Not even a little one. This old lineup will decline quickly and they have no youth or draft picks to fill in the gaps.

Congrats to the management of the Celtics. They managed to compile some exciting young talent and then when they were forced to trade it all away they actually managed to get some quality. Making the moves in the first place was stupid and I place all of the blame on their impatient uneducated fans. Being Red Sox fans they think that they can just buy themselves a championship like they do in baseball and they get all upset with any suggestion of rebuilding. You have to rebuild in a salary cap sport unless you have a mad cheating genius at the helm but I don't think that Bellicick knows much about basketball. Not only is rebuilding necessary to win but I would much rather watch a team that is rebuilding than a slow plodding group of free agents that have never won at any stage of their careers.

So congrats Celt fans, you now have the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NBA. clap clap.


The Celtics had two choices last summer. Keep Al Jefferson (budding star, who might one day make an NBA third team), Gerald Green (a high-flying, jump shooter who so far is unable to drive to the rim and doesn't defend), Delonte West (a combo guard), Ryan Gomes (a solid role player), and Telfair (a major NBA bust, who is one of the most likely players to break Ron Artest's record for suspensions). But if they were going to keep those young players, they would be put in a situation where they would have to trade Paul Pierce for 50 cents on the dollar. And any growth Jefferson and Green did would only replace the offense they had lost from Pierce. That team was not going to win an NBA title. Just like the Timber wolves as they are currently constructed will not win an NBA title.

So they Choose to trade a decent combo guard, a huge contract, and a 5th overall draft pick for Ray Allen, who is still one of the most prolific scorers in the NBA. And they traded a future all star and a couple of guys with some potential for KG (one of the greatest Power forwards of all time, and is still at his peak).

Right now the Celtics have three stars on their roster. Three men who are each capable of scoring 40 points on any given night.

You win NBA titles by controlling the pace of the game. This isn't 1985 or 1967. You don't need Bob Cousy running fast breaks to win. Miami, the Pistons, ect. have all won titles by slowing the game down and playing half court basketball.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:42 pm

bigken117 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
Yeah, that's right. Guys like Jason Kapono and Jorge Garbageosa and Carlos Delfino strike fear into other coaches....seriously, one injury to the brittle Bosh and Toronto becomes the front runner for the overrated OJ Mayo. Mookie, Kimchi, lets do the damn thing. I will take this bet versus one of you.


You Boston Celtics fans all crack me up. Maybe it's because at this time last year, there were none of you. Suddenly as a result of a trade or two, you're all coming out of the woodwork. It's fine with me, just another bunch of fans for my team to disappoint.

Surely you do realize that Chris Bosh was out for 13 games last year due to injury...


I've been a Celtic fan longer than *your* team has been around...Did you do a survey last season asking how many Celtic fans there were? Since you know there were none of us, I'd like to see where I missed it. Please show me, where did I say I wasn't a Celtic fan last year?

Didn't need to take a survey or a poll, being a member on the RealGM forums has told me all I need to know about the bandwagon jumpers that are Celtics fans this season.

I won't bite on your ignorant comments calling me ignorant because everyone on these boards knows that you try and bait people, but the Raps were under .500 when Bosh was out last season. If that's staying afloat...

Suggesting that the Raptors won't make the playoffs and will be a lottery teamas a result of 1 injury suggests ignorance and lack of knowledge about anything basketball-related besides the Celtics (and specifically what it is that made the Raptors one of the top teams in the East last year). If you're hurt by the truth and are using a stereotyped image of me as a reason not to argue your point, then there's nothing much I can say.

Even I do make mistakes, though. Bosh missed 12 games last year due to injury in December. Over that time, the team went 6-6, on the strength of TJ Ford taking over the scoring role. This was before Andrea Bargnani was playing a lot of minutes, and before he had really showwed the true scoring potential that we know now he's capable of. The next time Bosh gets hurt and has to miss games (and there will be a next time), the Raptors will be in decent shape. They don't need him to play their form of team, pass-first basketball. I should mention that the 1 game he missed in April was due to the Raptors deciding to bench all of their starters.

I'm not saying the Celtics bench is anything to get worked up about, as health plays a vital role to any team trying to contend, but people are only knocking the C's behind the "Big 3" because they aren't all-stars. Tony Allen may not be 100%, but he's a nice defender who scored 16.4 PPG as a starter last season, Rondo's #s as a starter, 10+ ppg, 5+ rpg 5+ apg, 2.4 steals, Posey can shoot the 3, all Perk needs to do is stay out of foul trouble, Big Baby can score down low, and let's not forget about the energy Scalabrine brings ;-D

No, I'm knocking them because they just aren't very good. Compared to the majority of starters in this league, Rondo and Perkins are most certainly on the bottom tier. The bench, apart from Tony Allen, a guy coming off an ACL tear, is very, very weak. Sure you can play your 3 stars for 40 minutes a game to give your team a chance to win, and I'm sure that's what you will do, but how long will that work? How long until one of them gets tired, or worse yet, injured?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:So congrats Celt fans, you now have the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NBA. clap clap.

I hate listening to Habs fans like Mookie, but he's right, that's exactly what the Celtics have become.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:54 pm

thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:The Celt's best chance to win is this year. They have completely mortgaged their future for the chance of winning this year. I put their chances of winning it all this year at precisely 4%.

The Celts may be the slowest team in the NBA. They will plod their way into a half court offence and try to bull their way to the basket or set a pick to get a free shot for one of their shooters. Not exactly exciting basketball and they will be run off the court by the faster teams. Do they have any chance against the Spurs, Suns or Mavs? Not even a little one. This old lineup will decline quickly and they have no youth or draft picks to fill in the gaps.

Congrats to the management of the Celtics. They managed to compile some exciting young talent and then when they were forced to trade it all away they actually managed to get some quality. Making the moves in the first place was stupid and I place all of the blame on their impatient uneducated fans. Being Red Sox fans they think that they can just buy themselves a championship like they do in baseball and they get all upset with any suggestion of rebuilding. You have to rebuild in a salary cap sport unless you have a mad cheating genius at the helm but I don't think that Bellicick knows much about basketball. Not only is rebuilding necessary to win but I would much rather watch a team that is rebuilding than a slow plodding group of free agents that have never won at any stage of their careers.

So congrats Celt fans, you now have the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NBA. clap clap.


The Celtics had two choices last summer. Keep Al Jefferson (budding star, who might one day make an NBA third team), Gerald Green (a high-flying, jump shooter who so far is unable to drive to the rim and doesn't defend), Delonte West (a combo guard), Ryan Gomes (a solid role player), and Telfair (a major NBA bust, who is one of the most likely players to break Ron Artest's record for suspensions). But if they were going to keep those young players, they would be put in a situation where they would have to trade Paul Pierce for 50 cents on the dollar. And any growth Jefferson and Green did would only replace the offense they had lost from Pierce. That team was not going to win an NBA title. Just like the Timber wolves as they are currently constructed will not win an NBA title.

So they Choose to trade a decent combo guard, a huge contract, and a 5th overall draft pick for Ray Allen, who is still one of the most prolific scorers in the NBA. And they traded a future all star and a couple of guys with some potential for KG (one of the greatest Power forwards of all time, and is still at his peak).

Right now the Celtics have three stars on their roster. Three men who are each capable of scoring 40 points on any given night.

You win NBA titles by controlling the pace of the game. This isn't 1985 or 1967. You don't need Bob Cousy running fast breaks to win. Miami, the Pistons, ect. have all won titles by slowing the game down and playing half court basketball.

That's a nice way of saying Danny Ainge sold out for a few years at winning the big one because he was going to get fired if he didn't. He quickly formulated a team (if you can even call it that), comprised of 3 All-Stars, and a bunch of nobodies, a system that has never been proven to work. However, there's really nothing we can do but wait and see. All you Celtics fans dreaming of NBA Championships and 55+ wins will be in for a bit of a surprise once the season starts, I expect.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby Lofunzo » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:26 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:So congrats Celt fans, you now have the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NBA. clap clap.

I hate listening to Habs fans like Mookie, but he's right, that's exactly what the Celtics have become.


Why are you so quick with the stereotypes?? You want us to all take you seriously yet it's always "X fans like you" or "X haters like you" coming from your keyboard. It gets old. It really does.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:29 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:So congrats Celt fans, you now have the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NBA. clap clap.

I hate listening to Habs fans like Mookie, but he's right, that's exactly what the Celtics have become.


Why are you so quick with the stereotypes?? You want us to all take you seriously yet it's always "X fans like you" or "X haters like you" coming from your keyboard. It gets old. It really does.

Why do you make issues where there are none?

Lofunzo, Mookie is a Habs fan, and I'm sure he's not ashamed to admit it.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 13:09 hours
(and 95 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact