100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:42 pm

SJNez46 wrote:Jealous. You just cant hide the fact that we have a good chance of winning not just the WS, but also the Superbowl, and the NBA championship.:-D

I'm surprised you didn't say Stanley Cup at the rate you were rambling.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:47 am

SJNez46 wrote:Jealous. You just cant hide the fact that we have a good chance of winning not just the WS, but also the Superbowl, and the NBA championship. :-D

I would bet Canadian money that your Celtics don't win the championship and that the hated Bruins don't even make the playoffs.

The Boston backlash is building steam.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:14 pm

People envy and hate things that are good. Did Yankee haters have a lot of juice when Stump Merrill was running the team?? I don't think so.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby thedude » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:59 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
SJNez46 wrote:Jealous. You just cant hide the fact that we have a good chance of winning not just the WS, but also the Superbowl, and the NBA championship. :-D

I would bet Canadian money

i have never seen anyone so proud of 3 and a half cents...

But i would bet you that the Celtics finish ahead of the Raptors.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:36 pm

thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

I'll take that bet. The Raptors are in for a huge season with Bargnani on the verge of breaking out, while the Celtics are all hype. 1 injury to the "Big 3" and that team will struggle to make the playoffs. Their roster outside of those guys is actually quite humorous.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:46 pm

mweir145 wrote:I'll take that bet. The Raptors are in for a huge season with Bargnani on the verge of breaking out, while the Celtics are all hype. 1 injury to the "Big 3" and that team will struggle to make the playoffs. Their roster outside of those guys is actually quite humorous.

You mean the C's actually have a roster outside of KG, Allen, and Pierce?

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby thedude » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:31 pm

mweir145 wrote:
thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

I'll take that bet. The Raptors are in for a huge season with Bargnani on the verge of breaking out, while the Celtics are all hype. 1 injury to the "Big 3" and that team will struggle to make the playoffs. Their roster outside of those guys is actually quite humorous.

Sig? Avatar? I'm down.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:01 pm

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:I'll take that bet. The Raptors are in for a huge season with Bargnani on the verge of breaking out, while the Celtics are all hype. 1 injury to the "Big 3" and that team will struggle to make the playoffs. Their roster outside of those guys is actually quite humorous.

Sig? Avatar? I'm down.

Yeah, that's right. Guys like Jason Kapono and Jorge Garbageosa and Carlos Delfino strike fear into other coaches....seriously, one injury to the brittle Bosh and Toronto becomes the front runner for the overrated OJ Mayo. Mookie, Kimchi, lets do the damn thing. I will take this bet versus one of you.

As for the original topic, JT hating again and bandwagon jumpers...I've been driving the Ellsbury Train for a while now (pay out of my pocket to represent the FBC in my sig) and with the Sox kicking butt and taking names, their stuff is all over the shelf. Shirts can be found anywhere and everywhere. Except for Ellsbury's...they are all sold out. *Bleep* you old lady wearing a shirt of someone you know nothing about. Why don't you give me the money for my sponsorship if you're such a big fan...

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:06 am

thedude wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
thedude wrote:i have never seen anyone so proud of 3 and a half cents...

Sig? Avatar? I'm down.

An avatar bet, I guess. I'll take down my great avatar of this week's winner on the PGA Tour for any length of time that you want, and put something Celtics-related in it's place. Same with you, only it will be Raptors related. I'm that confident in this one.
Last edited by mweir145 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:21 am

bigken117 wrote:
thedude wrote:

Sig? Avatar? I'm down.

Yeah, that's right. Guys like Jason Kapono and Jorge Garbageosa and Carlos Delfino strike fear into other coaches....seriously, one injury to the brittle Bosh and Toronto becomes the front runner for the overrated OJ Mayo. Mookie, Kimchi, lets do the damn thing. I will take this bet versus one of you.

You Boston Celtics fans all crack me up. Maybe it's because at this time last year, there were none of you. Suddenly as a result of a trade or two, you're all coming out of the woodwork. It's fine with me, just another bunch of fans for my team to disappoint.

Surely you do realize that Chris Bosh was out for 13 games last year due to injury, and the Raptors stayed afloat due to their depth, right? Jorge Garbajosa was a main player on the Spanish World Championship team, and had a great season last year until he got hurt. Kapono and Delfino are quality role players, each serving a unique and essential purpose on our team. We also have the top backup PG in the NBA, who I do believe you forgot to mention, Jose Calderon. These are the types of players that Boston doesn't have, and will desperately need if something bad happens to one of their stars. They don't need to strike fear into other coaches. In fact, our stars don't even have to do that either, we just have to play team basketball and win games like we did last year. In any event it doesn't really matter though, because with Bargnani breaking out this year, all our depth may not even be that necessary. If Bosh gets hurt, the scoring role can be taken over by Andrea and a number of other players (Ford, Parker, Calderon, Delfino, Graham, heck even Juan Dixon proved he can light teams up at times last year), I'm not too worried about that.

No amount of ESPN hype for the Celtics is going to get me to believe they are anything better than a 45 win team (see, atleast I'm reasonable, suggesting that the Raptors will be in the draft lottery with one injury shows true ignorance on your part).
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk