100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby bigken117 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:11 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
bigken117 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I must agree that everything Boston is annoying and their sports teams doubly so especially when you've watched your best players get gooned by no-talent Bruins for 30 yrs, your ballplayers playing in that miniature bandbox that looks like it should be made out of lego and their only good team run up the score on every other football team....grrrr It's all fun when they lose but annoying when they win. Good thing that we can count on the Bruins to keep losing.

On the funny side I'm playing in a hockey league with some of them. The name of the league? "Yankees Suck" :-b They are sooo predictable.

We rock ;-D BTW you owe me $10.

$9.00 Canadian? Where do I send it?

EDIT: I won't go there

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:33 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I must agree that everything Boston is annoying and their sports teams doubly so especially when you've watched your best players get gooned by no-talent Bruins for 30 yrs, your ballplayers playing in that miniature bandbox that looks like it should be made out of lego and their only good team run up the score on every other football team....grrrr It's all fun when they lose but annoying when they win. Good thing that we can count on the Bruins to keep losing.

On the funny side I'm playing in a hockey league with some of them. The name of the league? "Yankees Suck" :-b They are sooo predictable.

I bet 7 out of every 10 Yahoo fantasy baseball public leagues has one team named "Yankees suck".

Seriously, I think we all need to think of better derogatory chants/songs than just "[Opponents] suck". :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Pacman » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:25 pm

I'm as die-hard as it gets.. been living and dying with the Sox, Pats Celts and B's since about 1972. I also respect good fans of all other teams, most certainly Yankees fans. I've said many times, here and elsewhere, I'd rather have a beer and talk baseball with a diehard Yankee fan than a bandwagon Sox fan.

But I'm as proud as I can be. And I've been through enough droughts (like the 16-year, zero-championships period between the Celtics NBA title in Spring 1986 and the Patriots first SB win in Jan 2002)... to appreciate what's going on today with the Sox and Pats, as well as Boston College and a revamped Celts team that might actually contend this year.

It actually bothers me a little that the rest of the world hates us, but I'm helpless to change it. Like I said though, I won't let that fact diminish the happiness I get from my favorite sports teams' success ONE BIT.

peace
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Pacman wrote:I'm as die-hard as it gets.. been living and dying with the Sox, Pats Celts and B's since about 1972. I also respect good fans of all other teams, most certainly Yankees fans. I've said many times, here and elsewhere, I'd rather have a beer and talk baseball with a diehard Yankee fan than a bandwagon Sox fan.

But I'm as proud as I can be. And I've been through enough droughts (like the 16-year, zero-championships period between the Celtics NBA title in Spring 1986 and the Patriots first SB win in Jan 2002)... to appreciate what's going on today with the Sox and Pats, as well as Boston College and a revamped Celts team that might actually contend this year.

It actually bothers me a little that the rest of the world hates us, but I'm helpless to change it. Like I said though, I won't let that fact diminish the happiness I get from my favorite sports teams' success ONE BIT.

peace

lol nice droughts. try 25 years of ANY sport (all 4 major ones) in a huge metropolis. :~(

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Pacman wrote:I'm as die-hard as it gets.. been living and dying with the Sox, Pats Celts and B's since about 1972. I also respect good fans of all other teams, most certainly Yankees fans. I've said many times, here and elsewhere, I'd rather have a beer and talk baseball with a diehard Yankee fan than a bandwagon Sox fan.

peace

That's funny because every Boston fan I've ever met says the same exact phony BS. That they've been a fan since the 70s, no championships, so sad... but look at us now we are the best at baseball, football, basketball, cricket, blah, blah, blah.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Pacman » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:12 pm

Yoda wrote:
That's funny because every Boston fan I've ever met says the same exact phony BS. That they've been a fan since the 70s, no championships, so sad... but look at us now we are the best at baseball, football, basketball, cricket, blah, blah, blah.

Classy reply, Yoda.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:28 am

Pacman wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Classy reply, Yoda.

Yep just like every Boston fan I've ever met. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:19 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:lol nice droughts. try 25 years of ANY sport (all 4 major ones) in a huge metropolis. :~(

The one in Boston was all 4 major sports too.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Yoda wrote:That's funny because every Boston fan I've ever met says the same exact phony BS. That they've been a fan since the 70s, no championships, so sad... but look at us now we are the best at baseball, football, basketball, cricket, blah, blah, blah.

Who are they playing cricket against?
I think you left off curling and egg-and-spoon racing.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Jealous. You just cant hide the fact that we have a good chance of winning not just the WS, but also the Superbowl, and the NBA championship. :-D
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk