100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

100% of Lakers fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:35 am

From July 2005...

SportsPickle.com wrote:According to a study set to be released today by the Center for Sports Research, a whopping 96-percent of Boston sports fans have no idea how unbelievably annoying they are to those who are not supporters of the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins.

Predictably, the ever-belligerent and cantankerous Boston fans do not agree with the study’s findings.

“That is wicked stupid. People are just jealous. What – did some Yankees fan make up that study? Probably, ‘cause the Yankees suck!” said Tommy Reilly, a 27-year old Boston bartender. “Yeah, that’s right. You heard me. The Yankees suck!”

Yeah, I know you hate fake news. Deal with it.
Last edited by StlSluggers on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Re: 96% of Boston Fans Don't Know They're Annoying

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:55 pm

That quote at the bottom sounds real.

Boston has become a huge bandwagon sports-town in recent years. I didn't realize exactly how bad it was until I moved up here 2 months ago. It's awful. I know it was awful in New York in the mid-90s as well. I hate bandwagon fans. I was wearing my Yankee hat around campus 2 weeks ago and some chick looks at me and tells me the Yankees suck. I said, "Who plays 2nd base for the Red Sox?" She said she didn't care and the Yankees suck.

:-P
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby thedude » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:That quote at the bottom sounds real.

Boston has become a huge bandwagon sports-town in recent years. I didn't realize exactly how bad it was until I moved up here 2 months ago. It's awful. I know it was awful in New York in the mid-90s as well. I hate bandwagon fans. I was wearing my Yankee hat around campus 2 weeks ago and some chick looks at me and tells me the Yankees suck. I said, "Who plays 2nd base for the Red Sox?" She said she didn't care and the Yankees suck.

:-P

Band wagon Boston fans are one of my biggest pet peeves. They go around with their wearing their pink hats, asking who the heck is that old guy throwing out the first pitch of the World Series. ITS IS YAZ YOU MORONS!!! How do you call yourself Red Sox fans and not know who Carl Yastrzemski is?!
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:16 pm

What's wrong with being a Boston fan - they're a great band!!! ;-) ;-7 :-b

:-D
Still holds the MLB record for Grand Slams with 23
stomperrob
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Football ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BronXBombers51 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Those hairdos are completely out of control.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:41 pm

Bandwagon fans are annoying but it's not just Boston. Notice how all the Cowboys fans are coming out of the woodwork again? And anyone who has ever lived in NY knows their is a whole lot of people that are either Yankees or Mets fans depending who is winning. :-P
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Bandwagon fans are apparent in any sport and anywhere in the world. Some are just as annoying or more annoying than Boston Red Sox bandwagon jumpers. Liverpool FC has the WORST glory hunters in my opinion. A good deal of supposed Liverpool fans I know are panicking after yesterday's shock loss in Champions League and are so peeved to the point they don't think they can watch another Liverpool match again. I know it's bloody painful to watch 'Pool play, but come on they're your team. Remember Istanbul 2005? :-b

I find even the most die-hard Red Sox fans annoying pre-2004 and thankfully they've settled down a bit, but the ones I know kind of have this flair these days as if their club are suddenly the Yankees or Lakers.
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 623)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:23 pm

I must agree that everything Boston is annoying and their sports teams doubly so especially when you've watched your best players get gooned by no-talent Bruins for 30 yrs, your ballplayers playing in that miniature bandbox that looks like it should be made out of lego and their only good team run up the score on every other football team....grrrr It's all fun when they lose but annoying when they win. Good thing that we can count on the Bruins to keep losing.

On the funny side I'm playing in a hockey league with some of them. The name of the league? "Yankees Suck" :-b They are sooo predictable.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I must agree that everything Boston is annoying and their sports teams doubly so especially when you've watched your best players get gooned by no-talent Bruins for 30 yrs, your ballplayers playing in that miniature bandbox that looks like it should be made out of lego and their only good team run up the score on every other football team....grrrr It's all fun when they lose but annoying when they win. Good thing that we can count on the Bruins to keep losing.

On the funny side I'm playing in a hockey league with some of them. The name of the league? "Yankees Suck" :-b They are sooo predictable.

We rock ;-D BTW you owe me $10.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 251)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:06 pm

bigken117 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:I must agree that everything Boston is annoying and their sports teams doubly so especially when you've watched your best players get gooned by no-talent Bruins for 30 yrs, your ballplayers playing in that miniature bandbox that looks like it should be made out of lego and their only good team run up the score on every other football team....grrrr It's all fun when they lose but annoying when they win. Good thing that we can count on the Bruins to keep losing.

We rock ;-D BTW you owe me $10.

$9.00 Canadian? Where do I send it?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Next

Return to General Talk