fire! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

fire!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: fire!

Postby ayebatter » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:09 pm

We live in Twin Peaks by Arrowhead, got evacuated yesterday around noon. The house is in danger with fires all around us, but still standing. I'm camping at a hotel in Santa Barbara for the duration, here's hoping all of our folks in SoCal make it thru. B-)
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1284)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Man Yoda I hope your good fortune holds up and ayebatter I hope your evacuation ends up being just a precaution. I live in Central California, Stockton to be exact and I have an aunt in San Diego, she said she's not in any serious danger at the moment but things could change quickly. Scary stuff. :-o
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigken117 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Hopefully all of our friends at the cafe from SoCal make it through :-° I don't know what I'd do if an 80,000 acre fire was 5 miles from my house besides panic. Good luck to all out there ;-D

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Yoda » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:22 pm

Luckily the winds shifted and volutary evac was lifted for my area... :-°

My wife and I went to volunteer at the Carlsbad High School where she works as a teacher and it has been converted to a shelter for more than 400+ people from San Diego. Good news was that they had too many volunteers so we just donated our sleeping bag and $50 worth of candies for kids. They have too much of everything like water, toilet paper, etc so I figured they could use some treats. I wish I could do more but it's nice to see the community coming together.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby theclefe » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:25 am

Yoda wrote:Good news was that they had too many volunteers so we just donated our sleeping bag and $50 worth of candies for kids. They have too much of everything like water, toilet paper, etc so I figured they could use some treats. I wish I could do more but it's nice to see the community coming together.

I was just about to ask if you guys needed anything out there, but it looks like your straight. I do have a few supersoakers that may help in the battle! Good luck mate.
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Metroid » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:29 am

Yoda wrote:Luckily the winds shifted and volutary evac was lifted for my area... :-°

My wife and I went to volunteer at the Carlsbad High School where she works as a teacher and it has been converted to a shelter for more than 400+ people from San Diego. Good news was that they had too many volunteers so we just donated our sleeping bag and $50 worth of candies for kids. They have too much of everything like water, toilet paper, etc so I figured they could use some treats. I wish I could do more but it's nice to see the community coming together.

I'm glad to hear everything is OK for you, hopefully the winds stay mild and keep dying down so the firefighters can get a handle the fires.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:34 am

Yoda wrote:Luckily the winds shifted and volutary evac was lifted for my area... :-°

That's awesome to hear that there are plenty of supplies. That's the opposite of the usual, so a refreshing thing to hear. ;-D

Here's hoping the winds stop and the fire is put out as quickly as possible. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:37 pm

Say a prayer for San Diego everyone. Also, Red Cross is accepting donations if you are interested.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:17 pm

Well, the winds have shifted direction and it looks like we'll have full containment within the next few days here in the L.A. area. ;-D

Good to know that things are starting to down in San Diego as well. All the best to you folks down south too. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby StlSluggers » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Yoda wrote:Say a prayer for San Diego everyone.

Wish WR was here to chime in.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk