This makes me mad - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

This makes me mad

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: This makes me mad

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:37 pm

CheeseBeger wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Sounds like I don't live in the right part of the country.

Thank goodness.

Hehe yeah I went to HS in very rural PA and we traveled to Philly a few times. Very eye opening experience.

lol wow. i live in philly and played public high school baseball in philly and i dont think ive ever seen a needle on the ground. sure ive seen empty "drug baggies" on the ground but this has nothing to do with potentially deadly discarded needles. what schools were you playing? what school did you go to? i dont really think anything should have been too "eye-opening" for you unless you've never seen low-middle class neighborhoods and run down schools with no funding for uniforms, equipment, etc..

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CheeseBeger » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:12 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:sure ive seen empty "drug baggies" on the ground but this has nothing to do with potentially deadly discarded needles.

Yeah I forgot how the two where completely unrelated. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Ok sorry snake, maybe "eye opening" was too strong of a description, but regardless I had not seen those little baggies before and there were a lot of them.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:28 pm

what schools were you playing? what school did you go to go? im just curious as to where you saw these things.

and no doubt, most of the baggies are definitely from pot and not heroin.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:45 am

Art Vandelay wrote:The article wasn't very clear on the funding, but I would guess that, like many free clinics, the labor will be donated. It certainly won't be a federally funded facility, so local taxes will take care of the building and supplies, and if the guy quoted in the article is to be believed (that 1 in 7 emergency calls that they respond to is for an overdose), it will probably save the community money. I have no idea how much it costs to treat someone for aids, but I bet it cost more to treat someone with aids for 15 years than to run this center for a month.

Thanks, I was curious.

Art Vandelay wrote:Also, I think it's important to note that this isn't just about giving junkies a safe place to shoot up, but about keeping the public safe from it happening in parks and alleys and dealing with their discarded needles.

I don't have an exact answer or solution for this, but I don't think providing someone, anyone, with a place to do something illegal is a good idea. Even if we can't agree on the moral ramifications, it sends the wrong message.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk