George Mitchell Investigation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

George Mitchell Investigation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

George Mitchell Investigation

Postby 123abc » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:46 pm

My league has already begun our draft, but one of the league members pointed out that a report is going to come out about the steroid investigation which could result in many suspensions. So he's worried about who to pick and who not to pick.

Should I postpone the draft?

Anyone got any solutions?
123abc Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: George Mitchell Investigation

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:06 pm

123abc wrote:My league has already begun our draft, but one of the league members pointed out that a report is going to come out about the steroid investigation which could result in many suspensions. So he's worried about who to pick and who not to pick.

Should I postpone the draft?

Anyone got any solutions?

I am not sure that many suspensions will come out of this because, unless there are failed drug tests, can the players really be suspended?? You are drafting early but I don't see how this affects anything there. That said, I expect a statement to come out within a few weeks of the series ending. Delaying the draft shouldn't be a problem.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: George Mitchell Investigation

Postby Walden warriors » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:27 pm

I'd have a later draft, but not because of the Mitchell report. Any possible suspensions will have not nearly the effect as trades and free agency that will happen over the course of the winter. October/November is just too early to account for that.
Does your league need a quality, outside review of your league rulebook? Does your league not have a written rulebook? Contact me! I can help.
Walden warriors
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner