Can I start organizing a league right now?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Can I start organizing a league right now?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Can I start organizing a league right now?!?!

Postby rib217 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:09 am

I have been playing for 3 years now and am interested in starting my own league!! A few questions though:

Can i begin organizing it now?
Has anyone ever done a live draft? does that take to long? When can i start the draft?

I have only played in Yahoo leagues before and am familiar with their format, should i look in a different direction?

I would really like to start organizing the league now, so i can get good managers and possibly do a live draft.

I do worry however that by doing a live draft it cuts down on trades throughout the year because everyone is drafting more by position and needs throughout the draft rather than by their pre-ranked list, is that the case with anyone that has done a live draft before? I love the trading and roster moves all year long!!

any insight would be greatly appreciated.
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Can I start organizing a league right now?!?!

Postby nomar88423 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:41 pm

rib217 wrote:I have been playing for 3 years now and am interested in starting my own league!! A few questions though:

Can i begin organizing it now?

Sure. Depending on when you want to draft, you have a solid 4-5 months to organize, but it doesn't hurt to start sooner rather than later.

rib217 wrote:Has anyone ever done a live draft? does that take to long? When can i start the draft?

I am in one league that has done a live draft for the past 12 seasons. We have a 21-round, 12-owner draft that we do at my house which takes somewhere between 3-4 hours depending on how well everyone is prepared. If you are referring to a live draft as an email/message board type of draft, a typical one of those takes a couple of months I have found.

rib217 wrote:I have only played in Yahoo leagues before and am familiar with their format, should i look in a different direction?

Again, this is up to personal preference. I have stuck with Yahoo! settings before and never had a problem

rib217 wrote: I do worry however that by doing a live draft it cuts down on trades throughout the year

Not the case. If managers are active and like to trade, then trades will happen. I hope this helped.
nomar88423
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner