Other Forums visited? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Other Forums visited?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Other Forums visited?

Postby Sid Finch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:29 pm

StlSluggers wrote:You're not the same Sid that goes by SiddFynch in my league, are you?

No, just came on here looking for a BIG money league in W. Kentucky.

And now it seems some mod on here has decided they don't like me. :-S
Sid Finch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:42 pm

Sid Finch wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:You're not the same Sid that goes by SiddFynch in my league, are you?

No, just came on here looking for a BIG money league in W. Kentucky.

And now it seems some mod on here has decided they don't like me. :-S

Don't hold it against them. Low post count (<10) + links to other sites almost always = spammer.

Consider it the web's version of profiling. :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Sid Finch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:59 pm

StlSluggers wrote:Don't hold it against them. Low post count (<10) + links to other sites almost always = spammer.

Only way I don't hold it against them is if they reinstate my original post.
Sid Finch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Sid Finch wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:Don't hold it against them. Low post count (<10) + links to other sites almost always = spammer.

Look, I don't know what the original post said and I don't know who edited it. But believe me, someone made a carefully thought out judgment call and that's the end of it. Your original post is gone and will not be "reinstated." And let me also add that if you're going to have that attitude, then you're not going to last real along around here. Have a nice day. :-)
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:28 pm

Sid Finch wrote:

lol

I didn't edit your post (yet) but even so LOL.

btw - Sidd Finch spelled his name with 2 n. It was short for Siddartha. As in Gautama. Pretty cool eh?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:btw - Sidd Finch spelled his name with 2 n. It was short for Siddartha. As in Gautama. Pretty cool eh?

No, not really.

And if he spelled his name with 2 n as you wrote, why did you spell it with one? And what does 'n' have to do with Siddartha? There's no 'n' in it :-?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Madison » Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:50 pm

Sid Finch wrote:Only way I don't hold it against them is if they reinstate my original post.

Not sure if you're kidding or not, so I'll act like you are not. I got wind of this late last night when it happened. You had 4 posts. One looking to find a league, two that consisted of:

Weird.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay.

And then one in this thread that said something to the effect of "check out this site and tell them so-and-so sent you". First we have a Football Cafe for those who want to talk football, and second is the weird referral thing.

So the mod removed it and sent me the details. I took a look and agreed that it looked quite spammy, so that was that. If that bothers or offends you, well, it could have been worse as we're quick with the ban button on spammers. You got the benefit of the doubt, didn't get into any trouble, didn't get a private message about it or anything. Just simply had the questionable post removed. No biggie. Certainly not worth being upset about, if you are upset that is.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this one up to save everyone from any additional headaches. Stuff like this tends to turn bad anyway, and we don't really allow advertising which is all this will turn into, so I'll just nip it now before any real problems occur. If you'd like to discuss your situation further Sid, feel free to send me a Private Message and we'll talk some more. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk