Other Forums visited? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Other Forums visited?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Other Forums visited?

Postby Field » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:07 pm

I know there is a thread on other sites that cafers visit on a daily basis, but I was wondering what other forums people frequented? I kind of wanted to see if there was anything else good out there. I get enough Fantasy Cafe as it is (did I just say that?) and I could use a mix up every once in a while, especially during the baseball offseason.

I'm not really looking for specific team sites like Sons of Sam Horn-- rather, more general type of sites that are intersting and a good read.

I check out the Kffl.com message boards occassionally, however they leave something to be desired.

Any suggestions? I really have a wide variety of interests so anything is fair game.

Thanks!
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Other Forums visited?

Postby bigken117 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:59 pm

This is another forum:

This is the Fantasy Cafe:

Why go anywhere else?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Sid Finch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:00 am

Mod Edit: Looks like the spamming and recruiting is starting already. Happens again and we'll have to shut this thread down. Should probably go ahead and do it anyway though.
Sid Finch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby cordscords » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:08 am

A lot of places. Music forums (absoultepunk, decoymusic, punkdisasters), imdb forums, more sports (nfldraftcountdown, anythingbut, UFC message boards). I used to have a rediculous amount of posts at prowrestlingscoops.com, but then I lost interest in the WWE.

Probably some I'm forgetting. I post everywhere :)
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:43 am

There are other forums out there, really? :-b

I used to be a forum nomad in that I'd post religiously in a certain place and then move once I've outgrown it. I used to post avidly on a few rabid wrestling forums many moons ago, a message board on tuner and exotic cars, a couple of music forums, a few video game boards, a few tech geek boards (yes, Slashdot) and a few basketball and soccer forums. I tended to do all my damage during my Freshman & Sophomore years in college, but didn't hover around another board...until I saw the Cafe. B-)
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:25 am

There's only one other forum that I post on regularly. It's for a musician, but it's really just a general forum with no particular focus. It's actually pretty cool 'cause some of my favorite artists--and most likely some of the favorites of people here who listen to indy hip-hop post there regularly. For someone like myself who's a fan of the genre, it'd be the equivalent of have about a dozen or so top baseball players posting here regularly.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:54 am

DyNasty!!

Yahoo, Google and of course franklymarver.blogspot ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:32 am

Nah. No other forums.

except for a couple dealing with Magic Online...

B-)
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Sid Finch » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:48 pm

Sid Finch wrote:Mod Edit: Looks like the spamming and recruiting is starting already. Happens again and we'll have to shut this thread down. Should probably go ahead and do it anyway though.

Wow.

No, I wasn't spamming. Field asked what other forums people visited, so I answered. I honestly do visit the forum I mentioned every day and the users I mentioned are regular posters there too. The board began years ago as a Carolina Panthers fan board and has grown into much more, though the Panthers forum is still a big draw there.

I'm just a regluar dude that plays fantasy baseball, but I do have other interests as well and figured I'd share. Geez.

BTW, why have the others who've posted forums they visit not been accused of spamming and had their posts deleted?
Sid Finch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 pm

Sid Finch wrote:
Sid Finch wrote:Mod Edit: Looks like the spamming and recruiting is starting already. Happens again and we'll have to shut this thread down. Should probably go ahead and do it anyway though.

Wow.

No, I wasn't spamming. Field asked what other forums people visited, so I answered. I honestly do visit the forum I mentioned every day and the users I mentioned are regular posters there too. The board began years ago as a Carolina Panthers fan board and has grown into much more, though the Panthers forum is still a big draw there.

I'm just a regluar dude that plays fantasy baseball, but I do have other interests as well and figured I'd share. Geez.

BTW, why have the others who've posted forums they visit not been accused of spamming and had their posts deleted?

You're not the same Sid that goes by SiddFynch in my league, are you?
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Next

Return to General Talk