This is good for baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This is good for baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: This is good for baseball?

Postby bleach168 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:06 am

Brandaddy wrote:
The Cow wrote:A big reason why teams like Colorado and Arizona tickets are easier to come by is that Denver and Phoenix are much smaller cities than Boston. Read fewer people. A city of 1 million people has a smaller ticket base than a city of 10 million. Thats one reason that often gets overlooked. Its easy to sell out when you have a huge fan base due in large part to population.

The Cow

I think another reason is the ticket prices. I am not exactly sure how much the tix are but my tickets were 85 and i am in row 12 on the third baseline and i bought seats in the same area during the season and they were around 40, I know its not that much of a jump but I hear people complaining about how expensive it is during the season and paying 90 bucks (with all the dumb fees) is probably a turn off too many, when you could watch it on TV for free. I think we have to many casual fans here that will watch on tv during the breaks of whatever hot reality show is on at the time. I also think the population seems a bit higher because of all the snow birds that come down for the winter, and most of them are all fans of the team in the area that they spend the summers in, ive noticed most the snow birds are Cubs fans, and the bitterness towards the Dbacks right now could be keeping them away. who knows thats just my opinion

That doesn't sound too bad. I was looking at Angels division series tickets and stubhub wanted me to pay at least $100 each for nosebleed seats. I bought an itouch instead.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:48 am

bleach168 wrote:That doesn't sound too bad. I was looking at Angels division series tickets and stubhub wanted me to pay at least $100 each for nosebleed seats. I bought an itouch instead.

It depends on who is playing I think. Angels probably have a wider fan base compared to AZ, COL.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BritSox » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:39 am

It's drastically understating the point to describe the Sox' market as the Greater Boston area, though. This is New England's team. In the same way that Seattle benefits from being the only team in the Northwest, and the Cards' radio network historically covered half the midwest. Boston is only like the seventh biggest market, but the Sox' ratings within their market amply compensate for that.
BritSox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: You don't care, do you? No... because you're unconscious.

Postby thedude » Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:03 am

bleach168 wrote:
Brandaddy wrote:
The Cow wrote:A big reason why teams like Colorado and Arizona tickets are easier to come by is that Denver and Phoenix are much smaller cities than Boston. Read fewer people. A city of 1 million people has a smaller ticket base than a city of 10 million. Thats one reason that often gets overlooked. Its easy to sell out when you have a huge fan base due in large part to population.

The Cow

I think another reason is the ticket prices. I am not exactly sure how much the tix are but my tickets were 85 and i am in row 12 on the third baseline and i bought seats in the same area during the season and they were around 40, I know its not that much of a jump but I hear people complaining about how expensive it is during the season and paying 90 bucks (with all the dumb fees) is probably a turn off too many, when you could watch it on TV for free. I think we have to many casual fans here that will watch on tv during the breaks of whatever hot reality show is on at the time. I also think the population seems a bit higher because of all the snow birds that come down for the winter, and most of them are all fans of the team in the area that they spend the summers in, ive noticed most the snow birds are Cubs fans, and the bitterness towards the Dbacks right now could be keeping them away. who knows thats just my opinion

That doesn't sound too bad. I was looking at Angels division series tickets and stubhub wanted me to pay at least $100 each for nosebleed seats. I bought an itouch instead.

That is pretty cheap comparatively. One of my coworkers paid over $1,000 dollars for a pair of seats a few rows back down the first base line for game one of the Red Sox/Angels Series.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers