This is good for baseball? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

This is good for baseball?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

This is good for baseball?

Postby thedude » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:36 pm

There are still empty seats right now for game 1 of the NLDS. Right now i can buy 4 (together) tickets on the thirdbase line for short money. This isn't good. Not good at all. Does no one care about baseball in Arizona?
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: This is good for baseball?

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:41 pm

no one wanted to see rockies vs d-backs.
i did though.

everyone wanted to see cubs vs phillies.
i dont think its arizona i just think its the baseball public in general
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:05 pm

regardless of what the "public" wanted, every fan in arizona should be filling those seats...i know citizens bank park would have been sold out and scalpers would be getting 2x and 3x face value... i dont know what the reasoning is in arizona.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Field » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:16 pm

On the other hand, atleast you can get tickets for the game. Red Sox tickets are really tough to come by and then when you get there you realize that the seats are smaller than ever.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby Bloody Sox » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:07 pm

Funny... I noticed that too. Before the playoffs started, I went to the Phils, Cubs, Rox, and D-Backs websites to sign up for their postseason ticket lottery, assuming they had one like the Red Sox do, and hoping I could see the Sox in the World Series in an NL park (if they get there). Only Philly had a lottery (initially, Arizona does now) and I noticed you could buy 8 seats at Game 1 of the NLDS in Arizona. (EDIT: You can still get tickets to tomorrow night's game!!!) I was shocked, and noticed similar availability in Coors. Wow... before this season started, it took me about 8 hours to get through to buy two tickets to a single Red Sox game, and that was against Tampa Bay in September!!
Last edited by Bloody Sox on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:19 pm

Bad for baseball, because if the Red Sox don't make it to the WS the ratings for the WS are royally "eff'd in the a". As a baseball fan I think just about any Natinoal League side of the playoffs is bad because the league is garbage, and I believe all 6 AL playoff teams are better than the best team in the NL. The National League has more parody(though both series were sweeps), which some say raises the excitement, but I just look at it as crap that couldn't close v. crap that got hot. Certainly though the Rockies streak is amazing no matter what the level of competition is, if they go on and win the series 4-1 or 4-0 it would help the interest level for me, though I will be watching regardless of what happens in any series.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Brandaddy » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:23 pm

I have no clue why nobody out here wants to go to the games. I have friends who arent even that into baseball and they are all excited to go, maybe it has something to with it being so hot here but its indoors and the ac on so whatever, I am very pissed off at my fellow Zoners. Get your asses out to the game.
I love my Diamondbacks!
Brandaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jfg » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:42 pm

I don't like to use multiple threads to keep pounding a point into the ground but this is the way it's going to be if baseball doesn't change their system. Fans can't get behind teams that have a new look every three years and constantly have stars leaving their team. Playoffs or not, fans lose interest of teams without an identity.

That said, Arizona should still be able to pack the stadium for the NLCS. That's pretty weak.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 83)

Postby bigken117 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Field wrote:On the other hand, atleast you can get tickets for the game. Red Sox tickets are really tough to come by and then when you get there you realize that the seats are smaller than ever.

Nah...we're just getting fatter :-b

I wish there were open seats at face value for the Sox...
And I'm excited to see the DBacks and Rockies more so than Cubs or Phillies.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby The Cow » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:50 pm

A big reason why teams like Colorado and Arizona tickets are easier to come by is that Denver and Phoenix are much smaller cities than Boston. Read fewer people. A city of 1 million people has a smaller ticket base than a city of 10 million. Thats one reason that often gets overlooked. Its easy to sell out when you have a huge fan base due in large part to population.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers