100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia XI - Day 1

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia XI - Day 1

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Characters

1 - teddy ballgame

Teddy is an unsuccessful businessman who owns and operates a sporting goods store.
It’s a poorly kept secret that he’s an alcoholic with marriage problems. He’s resentful of and jealous of his brother brewcrew.

2 – aussiedodger

Aussie is teddy’s son. He was sent away to military school when he was a young teen but can’t attend anymore because his loser father can’t afford it. Aussie now goes to community college in town. He hates his father, has no friends and almost never speaks.

3 – JSNez

Jnose works in teddy’s store. He’s a career criminal who has done time. He’s been robbing teddy blind for years. We do not know if teddy knows about this. Two others know about J’s criminal past.

4 – JTWood

JT is an alcoholic vagrant that wandered into town yesterday. He’s a real unapologetic unsaveable rummy. He slept on the steps of the town church last night.

5 – belch

B is the town vicar. Everybody loves B. He’s the most popular man in town, always cheerful and helpful. He seems to have an endless supply of money, people have noticed but nobody has been rude enough to ask him where it came from.

6 – brewcrew

Brew is the town lawyer. He practices criminal law and so he has a lot of shady types in and out of his office all of the time. Brew is very successful and likes to flaunt it. He is teddy’s brother but they don’t really speak to each much, mostly because teddy is bitter and brew doesn’t hang with losers.

7 – Snakes

Snakes is Brew’s son. He’s the captain of the state college hockey team. He’s a popular jock without a brain cell in his head. He’s back in town now rehabbing a very serious knee injury, his dream of playing pro hockey may now be over.

8 – RUMP

Is the dead Judge’s secretary. He’s a real mimbo (male bimbo) who has had affairs with many of the town’s married women including teddy’s wife before she died. RUMP went to high school with Snakes and Aussie. He is friends with Snakes and to a lesser extent Aussie but he doesn’t talk to Aussie anymore.

9 - J35J

J is the town cop. He is the least competent policeman since Chief Wiggum. Over the years he has wrongfully arrested Aussie, Rump, Snakes and even Bleach the town Vicar. Jnez will steal right in front of J without hesitation. Brewcrew has made an absolute fool of J on the stand in court many times. J just believes that he is unlucky.

10 – Wake

Wake owns and operates the town’s Italian restaurant “Il Goombah”. It’s an upscale place frequented by many shady characters. Wake is pretty slick but is rarely seen outside of his restaurant.

11 – WickedSmaat

WS is a busboy at Il Goombah. WS went to school with Aussie, Snakes and Rump but he wasn’t included in their clique. WS has a lot of money, a lot more than a busboy should have.

12 – pokerplaya

Poker is a traveling salesman selling Ginsu knives. He’s broke and his car broke down and he is now stuck in the town. He was seen trying to sell knives to teddy’s wife yesterday.

The day starts with two killings.

Teddy’s wife/Aussie’s mother found dead. She went to midnight mass and was killed on the way home. She was stabbed to death with Ginsu knives. None of her money or possessions were missing.

The town Judge was found dead beside his car beaten to death with a baseball bat. All of his money and jewelry is missing.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mafia XI - Day 1

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:52 pm

I will be PMing out roles and additional info/personal details tonight.

You may share the extra info if you want but you do not have to. You also do not know who else has been given the same info as you.

I would like you to play the characters as much as possible but don't let that dictate absolutely how you vote.

There are 2 mafia, one ISK, one medic and one investigator.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wake » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:04 pm

How does this work? Were the roles assigned based on our characters and we can find clues in them as to what role everyone has, or are the characters just there for role-playing purposes?
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:07 pm

:-S Thats alot to absorb! Should be fun! :-D ;-D
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:13 pm

btw - I came up with the characters first and then randomly chose who would play whom.

How does this work? Were the roles assigned based on our characters and we can find clues in them as to what role everyone has, or are the characters just there for role-playing purposes?

The instructions that I am giving everybody is that they should play their characters as much as possible but that should not be the only consideration in deciding how to vote or who to kill/save. The special characters have special motivations but that does not mean that they follow those character-driven motivations over their game playing.

Is that a good answer?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby JTWood » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Man, I was going to come here and bad mouth Mook for being a terrible moderator, but then I sobered up (for once) and realized he'd sent me a PM. I'd probably missed it while I was "at church" this morning.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby JTWood » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:20 pm

She went to midnight mass and was killed on the way home.

Whoa! I don't remember a damn thing about last night, I swear.

I just woke up at the church, and that's the only thing I remember. :-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:22 pm

i might be a dumb jock but i dont have a PM

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:27 pm

JTWood wrote:, but then I sobered up (for once) and realized he'd sent me a PM. I'd probably missed it while I was "at church" this morning.

Still drinking after all the years since I took your wife away from you for a while huh?
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bleach168 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:50 pm

out of character: Hey Mookie, my name is bleach, not BELCH :-/

I am shocked to hear about the two deaths. While I did not know either of them intimately, I would be honored to handle their funeral services. Do not concern yourselves with the cost, in a time like this the grieving parties should not be worried about trivial matters like that. I will take care of everything.

However, it is important that J35J fully investigate the murders so that the perpetrators will face justice and the dead can rest in peace. But we all know that J35J can use all the help he can get <snicker> so everyone, please help out.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Next

Return to General Talk