Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:coors field looked dead to me compared to the final game at CBP on sunday. even the people i was watching the game with mentioned how unenthusiastic looked tonight...

Well thats 100% wrong...I was at both games and this won the crowd was on fire

from watching the tbs telecast, it didnt look that way until the rox's won.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:19 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:coors field looked dead to me compared to the final game at CBP on sunday. even the people i was watching the game with mentioned how unenthusiastic looked tonight...

Well thats 100% wrong...I was at both games and this won the crowd was on fire

from watching the tbs telecast, it didnt look that way until the rox's won.

Well it was pretty wild the whole but admittadly it gets frustrating when you K for the 3rd out every inning for like 7 innings.

No beer after the 7th...but it was pretty wild the whole time. I was there I know. I don't care what TBS showed.

The sunday game may have been noisier during the opponents AB's because they kept flashing the Mil/Pads score.

But overall this was a louder game
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CheeseBeger » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:44 pm

I would have to say this is one of the top two or three non Red Sox games I have seen. I will just lump Sox/Yanks '04 as one game and rank it #1, then Roxs/SD, then maybe Pujols slamming Lidge.
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby BigZ38 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:12 am

having just entered my third decade...I didn't really start closely following baseball until I was 10 which was 1997...so the greatest games I have ever seen are...(Also I am a Cub fan)

No Particular Order

All of the 2004 ALCS
Pujols destroyes Brad Lidge's soul
Kerry Wood strikes out 20
Mets-Cardinals and Endy Chavez's catch (although I wish the Mets had won)
2003 Bartman game (Great as in Horrible but still Great)
Rockies - Padres

The only postseason in my mind that can match the intensity of baseballs is the NCAA tourney, but sometimes the officiating is so terrible in the NCAA tourney that it isn't even fun
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby J35J » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:17 pm

JTWood wrote:This game was certainly memorable, but I'm remembering it for lack of good play: Holliday's error, Julio's suckitude, Clark's terrible defense, & the bad officiating. I'll take the entire Yanks/DBacks World Series and the 2004 Divisional series over this game. Those games were played the right way.

This is where I'm coming from. I was actually a little disappointed with this game. I expected to see a great pitching performance from Peavy....didn't get it. I saw crappy OF play from Holliday and Clark. I saw Julio go in there and completely look in over his head. The officiating I could have done without. I was expecting to see Hoffman come in a make one of his last horrah's but he crapped down his leg.

Looked like two teams who didn't want to win to me.....it made for a fairly exciting game I suppose but it was a bad game!!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 398)

Postby mrkrab2003 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:39 pm

it wouldnt be in my top 50.
mrkrab2003
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Brandaddy » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:[As far as greatest games though, I'd have to say Games 4, 5 and (hate to say it) but ESPECIALLY 7 of the 2001 World Series. Man, that series had so much emotion. If only the Yankees held on to win. :-°

I have to agree, that whole series for me is just so hard to explain it is still the coolest thing I ever witnessed.

As far as the Rockies game goes I did not get home til the 7th inning, but those innings I saw were right up there as one of the top games ive ever seen.
Brandaddy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CasEjonz » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:00 pm

It ranks around the 25-30 range, and that is covering about 33 years of baseball. Games such as any of the 7 games from the 75 World Series, Reggie' Jackson's 4 HR game in the WS, 83 Orioles WS, 86 Game 6 World Series, 91 Braves/Twins WS, Carter's HR in 93, 2004 Game 4 ALCS would certainly rank well above it, IMO. It is not to diminish the strength of that game, as it was exciting, but it is also how many great moments encompass the game, that this game would rank as low as it does. If we were to take in "All" of baseball's historic moments then it probably falls into the 80s-90s as far as impact. It seems amazing to many because it is so fresh in minds, but when many other games happened as I mentioned, the impact was just a s strong.
CasEjonz
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers