Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti

Postby djxskillz » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:50 am

This might be the best game I have ever seen.

Lived up to the hype and MORE. 6-5 game in the top of the 8th, then Holliday misreads a fly ball. 6-6 game to the 13th inning. Julio gives up a 2run homer. 8-6 Rockies fans are dejected. Hoffman, the games greatest closer, comes in. Matsui hits a 2-2 double, Tulowitzki hits a 2-2 double, Matt Holliday hits an rbi triple. Carroll of all people hits the game winning sac fly with an extremely close play at the plate. Holliday is safe....Rockies win 14 out of their last 15 games to win the wild card and send the padres packing.

Tonight was a night where the nation turned their televisions to TBS....tonight was a night where everyone forgot there was monday night football...tonight was all about baseball.

Where does this game rank among all time greatest baseball games?
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where does the Rockies Game Rank In Terms of Greatest All Ti

Postby kemper5 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:58 am

I agree, I have watched absolute stellar great geames in my lifetime over the span of 30 years when I truely took to baseball back in NH, this has got to be one of the all time greats. Serious people, for those who watched, did you ever expect it to finish like that? Off the best closer ever? I now live in Colo and have closely watched most Rox games this year and all I can say is there is some magic in that team. To win 13 of 14 to force a 1 game tie breaker, how many times since 78' Sox/Yanks has that happened? And to go back and forth like this and to watch Holliday race home to completely smash his face in the dirt on a head first slide to end the game..He IS MVP people..What a game!!!
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LukeW9027 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:11 am

kemper5 wrote:I agree, I have watched absolute stellar great geames in my lifetime over the span of 30 years when I truely took to baseball back in NH, this has got to be one of the all time greats. Serious people, for those who watched, did you ever expect it to finish like that? Off the best closer ever? I now live in Colo and have closely watched most Rox games this year and all I can say is there is some magic in that team. To win 13 of 14 to force a 1 game tie breaker, how many times since 78' Sox/Yanks has that happened? And to go back and forth like this and to watch Holliday race home to completely smash his face in the dirt on a head first slide to end the game..He IS MVP people..What a game!!!

He never touched the plate though... }:-)
Blind Bidders Auction Keeper League- League Champ
Cafe Bums- Last Place
LukeW9027
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:40 am

He may have grazed the plate...Barrett didn't catch the ball...If he does he's out...thats the tie breaker right there.

Anyways I think Boones HR over the Red Sox is tied with this one for me.

But I wasn't at that game. I was at the game tonight and my god it was incredible
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:24 am

It was intense. Only a few hours after watching it did I realize how great a finish it really was.

I'll still take Joe Carter's WS winning HR shot, however. :-D
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:36 am

mweir145 wrote:It was intense. Only a few hours after watching it did I realize how great a finish it really was.

Actually i watched that game too...that was amazing.

For me at least (I'm a homer)

1. Roxs.
2. Boone
3. Carter
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mweir145 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:38 am

acsguitar wrote:
mweir145 wrote:It was intense. Only a few hours after watching it did I realize how great a finish it really was.

1. Roxs.
2. Boone
3. Carter

Well I hate the Yankees so Boone isn't on my list, but I know you're a fan of them. I was pretty young when Carter hit that shot, but I do remember it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:21 am

coors field looked dead to me compared to the final game at CBP on sunday. even the people i was watching the game with mentioned how unenthusiastic looked tonight...

other than that, it was incredible. i told everyone that was watching the game that julio will almost certainly blow the game and i was right and feeling good (i bet on the pads) and then hoffman collapses. unreal but spectacular. i was rooting for the pads to win. much rather face them than the rocks.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wake » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:52 am

acsguitar wrote:

1. Roxs.
2. Boone
3. Carter

I'm biased too, so I'd also have to include game 7 of the 1992 NL championship series on there when Sid Bream slid under the tag at home.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:49 am

mweir145 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

1. Roxs.
2. Boone
3. Carter

Well I hate the Yankees so Boone isn't on my list, but I know you're a fan of them. I was pretty young when Carter hit that shot, but I do remember it.

Actually, in terms of great Jays games, I'll take their 15-14 win over the Phillies in game 4 of that series as actually more exciting than the Carter HR. The Jays were down 14-9 going into the 8th, that comeback was really quite remarkable, turned the whole series around. Of course, game 6 was memorable too. :-]

I think last night was a better game than either of them though, that was incredible. ;-D I think games 6/7 of the 2004 ALCS were right up there too.
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers