How many of your leagues came down to the bottom of the 13th - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How many of your leagues came down to the bottom of the 13th

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Did your league depend on the Rockies v Padres game?

Yes
No votes
No
75%
What? There was another game?!
25%

Total votes : 4

How many of your leagues came down to the bottom of the 13th

Postby Smipims » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:31 am

I know in my school league, the hits Hoffman gave up dropped the leader's WHIP and allowed my buddy to tie him for first.

Now we have to think up a way to come up with a tiebreaker.

How many of your guys's leagues came down to the bottom of the 13th in the first game of October base ball?
~Smipims~
Smipims
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How many of your leagues came down to the bottom of the 13th

Postby buckwild13 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:31 am

Well i think most guys didnt have this problem. most leagues ended yesterday i believe and did not count tonights stats. but i could be wrong, the 2 sites i played did not count tonights game
buckwild13
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How many of your leagues came down to the bottom of the 13th

Postby Chadgo5 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:11 pm

Mine did. I thought I had held on to win our roto league Sunday night only to find out Monday morning that the Monday night game counts against our season totals. I went into the game with 115.5 points with the second place team at 114 points. I had Peavy starting with a slim .020 lead in ERA. He had Giles and Gonzalez hitting for him and was only .001 percentage points behind the next slot in BA.

Peavy blew my lead in ERA which cost me a point, which made it 114.5 to 114 (my lead still). Then Giles and Gonzalez hit well enough to vault him over the next guy in BA putting him in the lead 115 to 114.5.

I went to bed before the game ended, devastated, thinking there was no way I could catch up and that he had just won the league on the last night. Peavy had been pulled so the ERA's were locked. I had no way to get that point back as the guy I was battling in that category had no pitchers on either team. With Gonzalez's last hit, there was no way for him to lose the BA point he had just gained unless the game went 20 inning and his hitters went 0-4.

So I wake up the next day, and with a last glimmer of hope, check the site to confirm that I had lost... only to find that I had won! He had Hoffman and the his blow up cost him a point in whip. If Hoffman makes one more out, I lose the league... basically the blown call at home plate decided our league. I won 114.5 to 114.

Incredible finish. It is pretty amazing that in a roto league, where the stats are cumulative, that it could come down to the last few ABs.
Chadgo5
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers