100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mac users

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mac users

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:49 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Yoda wrote:Just ordered the 24" iMac... super psyched. :-D

dude you're on a major splurge, eh? i guess you won a lot of money from fantasy baseball.

i got a 16gb ipod touch on order. :-D

I needed a new computer as mine is about 5 years old and takes a long time to do anything.

You won't regret the new iPod. The more I use it, the more I am amazed by the technology. I use it mainly for web browsing around the house and it's very convenient. Also downloaded Apocalylto and the video quality is great.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:20 pm

I bought my Mac back in January and love it. I don't see myself going back to PC any time soon.

I got a 17" iMac refurbished for $1049. It came with a limited warranty from Apple but I spent the extra $$ to get the 3-year protection plan just in case. I've yet to have any issues with it.

I totally recommend checking their refurbished store. You can save some serious $$$.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 pm

Yoda wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:
Yoda wrote:Just ordered the 24" iMac... super psyched. :-D

dude you're on a major splurge, eh? i guess you won a lot of money from fantasy baseball.

i got a 16gb ipod touch on order. :-D

I needed a new computer as mine is about 5 years old and takes a long time to do anything.

You won't regret the new iPod. The more I use it, the more I am amazed by the technology. I use it mainly for web browsing around the house and it's very convenient. Also downloaded Apocalylto and the video quality is great.

i would have waited just a few more weeks if i were you. the new OS X "Leopard" is due out Oct. 26th. it's supposed to have a lot of changes. !+)
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:55 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i would have waited just a few more weeks if i were you. the new OS X "Leopard" is due out Oct. 26th. it's supposed to have a lot of changes. !+)

Nah. After getting a Vista laptop when it first came out, I've learned my lesson. I'll wait for them to work out the bugs and stabilize the OS before I jump in. Plus they might give me a free upgrade or a discount to upgrade since I am buying it so close to the release date.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:24 pm

Yoda wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:i would have waited just a few more weeks if i were you. the new OS X "Leopard" is due out Oct. 26th. it's supposed to have a lot of changes. !+)

Nah. After getting a Vista laptop when it first came out, I've learned my lesson. I'll wait for them to work out the bugs and stabilize the OS before I jump in. Plus they might give me a free upgrade or a discount to upgrade since I am buying it so close to the release date.

well it looks like you will only have to pay 10 bucks for the upgrade. (if you purchased after oct. 1)

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk