Mac users - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mac users

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mac users

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:57 pm

josebach wrote:Think you misunderstood. A Ford Explorer is much more practical and useful than a Hyundai. While it's not as shiney or fast as a Ferrari, you can at least you put your Soloflex in the back.

I would think a Mac which has far less glitches and technical problems as well as viruses would be more practical than a PC that crashes every 10 minutes. I'm so tired of Windows after I bought a Vista laptop two months ago. Never buying another PC again now that Apple makes computers that run Windows based products.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:01 pm

Yoda wrote:
josebach wrote:Think you misunderstood. A Ford Explorer is much more practical and useful than a Hyundai. While it's not as shiney or fast as a Ferrari, you can at least you put your Soloflex in the back.

I would think a Mac which has far less glitches and technical problems as well as viruses would be more practical than a PC that crashes every 10 minutes. I'm so tired of Windows after I bought a Vista laptop two months ago. Never buying another PC again now that Apple makes computers that run Windows based products.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you saying you are going to run an Apple box with Windows so that Windows will be more stable and secure?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Yoda » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:59 pm

Tavish wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but are you saying you are going to run an Apple box with Windows so that Windows will be more stable and secure?

No
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Tavish » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:10 pm

Yoda wrote:No

My head A Splode

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Yoda wrote:

its the user not the computer. lets see, ive had my HP going on 2 years now and havent had a crash a single time. no viruses, no spyware, nothing. you treat your computer good, it treats you good. simple as that.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:20 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
Yoda wrote:

its the user not the computer. lets see, ive had my HP going on 2 years now and havent had a crash a single time. no viruses, no spyware, nothing. you treat your computer good, it treats you good. simple as that.

Oh trust me I am very careful with PCs. I maintain and clean them every single week. But still have problems.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:30 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Hey BDF, I've actually fixed this problem for the cafe(the halfway down on the short pages). Menyak has implemented it on the Football and Hockey sides because he wanted to make sure there wasn't any backlash with the code that I removed for the fix. I'll give him a PM to see what's up. For the most part that's the only thing I've ever had problems with on Safari. Lately Firefox has been giving me problems only when posting, I hit submit and it always brings me back saying I can't post right after I already posted. So I just switched back to Safari. I do warn if you want to upgrade to the Beta, Yahoo Sports is really sluggish at times on it. But other than that I don't have problems with Safari that much(other than CSS loading late, common thing though).

i'm still experiencing a big empty gap at the top of the pages on my mac's safari. perhaps windows safari doesn't have this problem while the mac one does? the thing is it doesn't happen on every single page here, but for the majority of pages it does.

I'm not sure about the Windows, only because I have a mac at work and 2 macs at home. But the problem inlies in the coding of the forum. There's an extra table row at the top that is forcing it to drop and move over on Safari, but every other browser seems to ignore it. Check out the Football side, and then just hit the log-in, you'll notice it's at the top and not hanging in the middle. It's been that way since the switch over on the dark side here, but I asked menyak if I could have a go at fixing it and it worked on the football side. He probably hasn't gotten around to doing the baseball side yet since he wanted to know for sure that there weren't any backlashes, but it should be done in the forseeable future ;D

Should be good for you now BDF as it is for me ;D
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:24 pm

thanks WS. i'll try it out on my iBook.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Yoda » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 am

Just ordered the 24" iMac... super psyched. :-D
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:51 am

Yoda wrote:Just ordered the 24" iMac... super psyched. :-D

dude you're on a major splurge, eh? i guess you won a lot of money from fantasy baseball.

i got a 16gb ipod touch on order. :-D
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk