qqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Battle for the Dorm Room

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:36 pm

well the only way i do see some conflict is that hes inviting 4 friends from far away places over and wants to make sure they're all comfortable which is understandable. its not like a friend from down the hallway... and i would assume that the g/f is going to be coming up a few more times which you then run the risk of him expecting DaQ to leave for the night everytime which i also dont think is right. ive been through this situation a few times with me personally, and with my roommate having his g/f coming over. its a generally understanding that we give each other some time and then signal (not literally) that its ok to come in.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:45 pm

Email him the link to this thread so he can get in on the discussion. :-D :-D
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DaQ » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:36 am

[qqqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:14 am

You did good. ;-D

Did she really just leave or is this the delayed version?? :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:08 am

yeah nice job ;-D

i just dont understand why you need to be out of the room everytime shes there. why cant all of you guys hang out or something. but whatever i guess.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby great gretzky » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:10 pm

My freshman year of college, my school overbooked, so I had two roommates for one room (NOT a suite). We had the "power hour" rule. You could ask them to leave for 1.5 hours (1.5 power hour doesn't float), and no matter what the other two would agree to leave. But after that, people come back if they want to, and you can't complain. Can be used once a day on weekends. you had enough time to build up to it, finish the deed and so forth. You can't CB people (unless its abused), but others live there too.

Just work out a code phrase first, and its all good. We never had an argument about this.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:01 pm

1.5 hours? yeah right stud ;-7 :-D

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DaQ » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:49 am

hqqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DaQ » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:49 am

qqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby brewcrew4you » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:26 pm

DaQ wrote:haha yeah I was thinking more along the lines of Great Gretzky/Snakes Gould when the weekend began.

While my roommate and I get along, it was HIM who said he was mad about the whole weekend. Apparently, I don't "get it." When I pressed him to explain what he meant, it is apparent he really has no source to why he was mad. According to him, everything I did was fine, but he was mad about one very tiny thing. On Monday, I insisted on getting back to the room at 11-11:30 instead of midnight-12:30. He thought it was so I could go to sleep very soon after that (I went to sleep a little after 1am), but I just wanted to wind down, check e-mails, and watch a little SportsCenter. My buddy had an exam the next morning, which was why I left his room (also, I was in his room for a good 3hrs). In fact, he admitted nothing would have even happened in that extra hour if I got back at 12:30 instead of 11:30. He also disn't like when I'd say "see ya in a bit" (like I normally do) when he was just chilling with the girl.

Now maybe I don't know some things because it was the first time it happened, but it seems to me he ABUSED this whole sexiling thing. Usually I would leave the room for a little while (1-2hrs?), then come back and all is good. It seemed he just wanted the room to himsef all the time, and I can't see how that would ever work. He criticized me for coming in DURING THE DAY just to check e-mails and such as well.

I'm not sure about all this, but he seems a little controlling over the whole thing. Your thoughts?

That's more than a "little" controlling. Don't let him establish that as a precendent, or he's going to stomp all over you this year. Unless he is very skilled in tantra, there is no reason he needs the room completely devoid of anyone but him/his girl. If anything, he should want you to be friends with her.
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk