What to do... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

What to do...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do...

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:24 pm

I entered the lottery for the 2008 PGA US Open tickets and won. Meaning I bought two Sunday and final round tickets at face value $100 each (cheap seats). I just went to check how much they are selling for right now and they are starting at $150 each which means by the time the tourney comes around in June, they will probably sell for at least $200 a ticket (9 months away).

I'm a huge golf fan but I go to Torrey Pines every year (VIP pass) for the Buick Invitational. Never been to a grand slam event but would you sell these tickets or go? I'm kicking myself because I should have bought at least 4 but anyway.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do...

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:32 pm

well considering how much you tried to ridicule people for reselling ps3's when they came out because they should be "working at a real job" is say you should keep them. Personally, i would i sell them because doubling your money is sweet, but based on your ethics and morals from previous threads, i'd say how could you possibly sell them? ;-7

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:38 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:well considering how much you tried to ridicule people for reselling ps3's when they came out because they should be "working at a real job" is say you should keep them. Personally, i would i sell them because doubling your money is sweet, but based on your ethics and morals from previous threads, i'd say how could you possibly sell them? ;-7

lol.. touche :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:49 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:well considering how much you tried to ridicule people for reselling ps3's when they came out because they should be "working at a real job" is say you should keep them. Personally, i would i sell them because doubling your money is sweet, but based on your ethics and morals from previous threads, i'd say how could you possibly sell them? ;-7

:-* :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:26 pm

Yoda wrote:

lol.. touche :-D

:-b

Depends on what going is worth to you. If the current selling price is worth it, then go. If you'd rather have the money instead of going, then sell. Sounds easy, huh? :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Snakes Gould » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:50 pm

ask yourself if you would pay $200 to go. if you say of course not, then sell them.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:24 pm

If you go and yell "GET IN THE HOLE" after a drive on a par 5 I will punch you in the face. That one wasn't even funny the first time someone said it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby theclefe » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:02 am

Well done Snakes. ;-D

Consider Burrell forgotten!
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:15 am

Mookie4ever wrote:If you go and yell "GET IN THE HOLE" after a drive on a par 5 I will punch you in the face. That one wasn't even funny the first time someone said it.

How about if I yell "YOU DA MAN" after someone hits it into a bunker?
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theclefe » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:45 pm

Yoda wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:If you go and yell "GET IN THE HOLE" after a drive on a par 5 I will punch you in the face. That one wasn't even funny the first time someone said it.

How about if I yell "YOU DA MAN" after someone hits it into a bunker?

Perhaps you should wear giant novelty sunglasses. Then stand behind the golfer and lift them inquisitively every so often. B-)
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk