I Never Knew the Championship Could Be So Frusterating! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I Never Knew the Championship Could Be So Frusterating!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Never Knew the Championship Could Be So Frusterating!

Postby dipset » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:12 pm

Is it normal for some of your players to totally suck and let you down once you get to the championship? I am pulling my hair out watching Chris Young pitch, he sucks now!! Jose Reyes also has to be the most unclutch player for my team right now.... Not one stolen base in like the past 10 games. Also Escobar can you go an inning without giving up a run. Sorry everyone i just had to express my displeasure with some of my players becuase they are really PISSING ME OFF
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I Never Knew the Championship Could Be So Frusterating!

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:56 am

:^ I
dipset wrote:Is it normal for some of your players to totally suck and let you down once you get to the championship? I am pulling my hair out watching Chris Young pitch, he sucks now!! Jose Reyes also has to be the most unclutch player for my team right now.... Not one stolen base in like the past 10 games. Also Escobar can you go an inning without giving up a run. Sorry everyone i just had to express my displeasure with some of my players becuase they are really PISSING ME OFF

I am in two money league finals...both teams have Pujols. The team that won 140 games this year had a staff of Santana, Sheets, Kazmir, CC, Escobar, Hamels, Lincecum and Ollie to start the playoffs with the best pitching stats overall by far. I dropped Escobar, Sheets, Ollie and Lincecum so far and sport an ERA of over 6.00 and a WHIP of 1.60. So yeah I understand how you feel.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:04 am

ugh the same thing is happening to my pitching staff in roto....it's falling apart the last few weeks of the season and it's really frustrating because i was holding a 5-6 pt lead in early september and was looking good to win $1500+ but my pitching has let me down bigtime, led by mr. 2nd half himself johan santana. now i'm second place by a pt. or two and i'm gonna be really pissed if i don't finish first. :-P
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:20 pm

Injuries, man. Just injuries. Young is coming back from them, and Escobar has a bum shoulder.

They happen to all of us. While it sucks that yours came during the championship, you could always be grateful that they didn't happen earlier to keep you from getting this far. But I understand how you feel. It is frusterating*.

* - :-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:54 pm

Wrong forum, but regardless, my hostorical collapse in my money league (dropped 11.5 pts in the last 3 days) I'm sure is just as frustrating as what is happening to you.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 135)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bwanna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:17 pm

Playoffs are just tough because of all of the above. Studs sit to rest, pitchers miss starts, players don't play thru injuries if they're not in the playoff hunt, etc., etc. It's one reason that h2h can be so exciting and frustrating at the same time (exciting more for the underdogs, frustrating more for the higher seeds).
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st]
123Innings '08 [1st/1st], '09 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/4th], '12 [4th/2nd]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Cool 3.0 '08 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 324)

Postby StlSluggers » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:28 pm

Bwanna wrote:Playoffs are just tough because of all of the above. Studs sit to rest, pitchers miss starts, players don't play thru injuries if they're not in the playoff hunt, etc., etc. It's one reason that h2h can be so exciting and frustrating at the same time (exciting more for the underdogs, frustrating more for the higher seeds).

My league ends our entire season by Week 24 just to cut back on that stuff, although we're thinking about extending to Week 25 next year and skipping the All-Star break week.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 18)
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Tavish » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:40 pm

Of course there is a good solution to avoid these type of frustrations... }:-)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:51 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Bwanna wrote:Playoffs are just tough because of all of the above. Studs sit to rest, pitchers miss starts, players don't play thru injuries if they're not in the playoff hunt, etc., etc. It's one reason that h2h can be so exciting and frustrating at the same time (exciting more for the underdogs, frustrating more for the higher seeds).

My league ends our entire season by Week 24 just to cut back on that stuff, although we're thinking about extending to Week 25 next year and skipping the All-Star break week.

So how did the league finish? How did you do?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 621)

Postby Yoda » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:01 pm

StlSluggers wrote:

What service do you use? Yahoo won't allow customization and their service this year was marginal at best. We are thinking about switching similar to your format.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers