Family Guy: Episode IV: A New Hope - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Family Guy: Episode IV: A New Hope

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Family Guy: Episode IV: A New Hope

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:25 pm

I missed this episode unfortunately. I had seen the sneak peek and thought it was hysterical as well.

Try searching for the episode on Veoh, instead of Youtube. Probably not as likely to be taken down ever so often and you can download the video. ;-D

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:31 pm

cordscords wrote:It was a pretty funny episode. The "Red standing by" sequence had me cracking up.

I was on the phone with verizon DSL "tech support" for the first 45 minutes :-t but caught the end. I have it recorded and will probably watch the whole thing tomorrow.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby TheA'sFatLeadoffMan » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:23 am

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but has anyone else seemed to lose interest in Family Guy after South Park exposed them? I mean I can still watch and find it funny, but I always realize how dead on SP's rips on them are.
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Pacman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:01 am

TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade, but has anyone else seemed to lose interest in Family Guy after South Park exposed them? I mean I can still watch and find it funny, but I always realize how dead on SP's rips on them are.

How'd they "expose them"? South Park did a funny spoof of the whole controversy surrounding the appearance of Mohammad in an episode, and ripped hard on Fox Network executives (and television executives in general), but I really don't remember anything that "exposed" Family Guy...

And what did they supposedly "expose them" to????

Any way... :-S

I re-watched the episode... anyone catch the dead-on lift from "The Blues Brothers" when they slip past the stormtroopers on the Death Star, to the intro from "Minnie the Moocher" a la Jake & Elwood?? ;-D
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ThatDude » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:28 am

Pacman wrote:
TheA'sFatLeadoffMan wrote:Not to rain on anyone's parade, but has anyone else seemed to lose interest in Family Guy after South Park exposed them? I mean I can still watch and find it funny, but I always realize how dead on SP's rips on them are.

How'd they "expose them"? South Park did a funny spoof of the whole controversy surrounding the appearance of Mohammad in an episode, and ripped hard on Fox Network executives (and television executives in general), but I really don't remember anything that "exposed" Family Guy...

And what did they supposedly "expose them" to????

Any way... :-S

I'd guess he's referring to the manatee thing.

But since the show isn't written by manatees, that's not exposing anything. Anyone who didn't already know Family Guy inserts a bunch of hilarious randomness into their episodes simply isn't paying attention.

I re-watched the episode... anyone catch the dead-on lift from "The Blues Brothers" when they slip past the stormtroopers on the Death Star, to the intro from "Minnie the Moocher" a la Jake & Elwood?? ;-D

Hopefully, everyone who's seen Blues Brothers noticed that.

Personally, I liked the Airplane references better, because they included one of my 2 favorite bits from that movie.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby luckygehrig » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:31 am

Pacman wrote:

That was hilarious. ;-D

I don't usually make a point to watch Family Guy when it's on anymore. Instead I just hope my TiVO catches it. After seeing the previews for last nights though I made sure I watched. It was well worth it.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pacman » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 am

The other night on Cartoon Network, I caught Adult Swim's "Robot Chicken" spoof of Star Wars (which the Family Guy spoof was ragging on, with the Seth Green comments).

It was very funny too, but in a different way... a little more raw, a little "dirtier"... but hillarious.

Both are excellent.
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to General Talk