Bradley's Latest Altercation: Umps to Blame? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bradley's Latest Altercation: Umps to Blame?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bradley's Latest Altercation: Umps to Blame?

Postby Bwanna » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:31 pm

J35J wrote:I'm not saying Winters should be fired or not....I don't really care. But what Winters did is completely different and much more "severe" than a manager or a player arguing calls, IMO. The last thing I want to see is more Umps doing what Winters did. Umps don't need to be interfering with the players and the game right in the middle of play.

What would have happened if Bradley got picked off of first because he turned slightly to see/hear what Winters was saying to him?

Yup.

And he should be fired.
Last edited by Bwanna on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:48 pm

About firing... I said this earlier. Umps rely on integrity and respect to maintain control of the game. Winters gave up his integrity with this stunt, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the players no longer respect him. So what good is an MLB ump if he has no integrity and has lost the respect of the players?

Cut him loose.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby stevethumb » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:05 pm

don't you see the difference between a manager barking at an ump "that f#ck*ng call is a piece of sh#t (which wont get a manager or player ejected) and an UMPIRE during play calling a player a "f*ck#ng piece of sh#t" ? if you don't then you just don't understand the dynamics of umpire/player relationship
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers