Yahoo barely making it to finish line? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo barely making it to finish line?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Yahoo barely making it to finish line?

Postby quitesanemax » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:08 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:man, it's gonna drive people crazy if this happens next monday morning.

Well, next Monday morning at least the season will be over, and there will be nothing that you need to do. It will be frustrating that you won't know until noon how you did, but...
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Y`s Guy » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:13 pm

My Yahoo league was updated in full at about 4:40 pm EDT
Wow.

I am a Yahoo loyalist but this is by far the worst problem i have ever noticed with them. I easily can deal with an evening where the stats are blank but a half-day or more of no updated standings? :-o

I suggest everyone run Stat tracker Sunday night. Yet that may cause a server collapse and the end of civilization as we knew it.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 276)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby theclefe » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:25 am

I'm out of both of my playoffs, so I haven't noticed. For those who are dealing with this, would you rather have this problem or the problems that were plaguing ESPN at the start of the season?

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=267458
theclefe
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mugrila » Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:54 am

Perhaps they were fixing it yesterday, my league is updated and it's not even 7AM yet. ;-D
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby quitesanemax » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:19 am

Mugrila wrote:Perhaps they were fixing it yesterday, my league is updated and it's not even 7AM yet. ;-D

Naw, I believe we're only going to have the problem on Monday and Tuesday mornings because thats when the football leagues are being determined as well. Tuesday morning would be the worst because thats when they actually update the standings in ff. But the only other time I think we will have the problem is next Monday morning when we are trying to find out the results.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ukrneal » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:07 am

Yahoo is not just a little better than the other sites I have tried this year, but a huge leap forward. In addition to adding some nice features, the site worked all year. FOX was a complete disasater. I can't tell you how many times I couldn't update my team when I wanted to (often even the day before). ESPN had its huge issues earlier this year. SInce then, it's been great, but losing stats like that is just too much to offset.

I'd be interested to hear if others have sites they tried and were actually happy with. So far, no one I've talked to in my other leagues has found any they would use free, let alone pay for.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:03 am

FOX? you're the first person on these boards i have seen using Fox fantasy services.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:21 am

ukrneal wrote:I'd be interested to hear if others have sites they tried and were actually happy with. So far, no one I've talked to in my other leagues has found any they would use free, let alone pay for.

Sportsline has worked great all year. I've got two leagues over there and we've had zero problems. :-)

I also am not worried about the Yahoo delay (I've got three leagues at Yahoo) as I prefer roto leagues, but I can understand why H2H players are annoyed.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ukrneal » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:40 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:FOX? you're the first person on these boards i have seen using Fox fantasy services.

Consider me the sacrifice. It was a complete and utter disaster. Their playoff is a bit different too (not related to their quality, just different), with a one week final and an additonal 1 (or was it 2?) weeks of regular season.
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:00 pm

No problems here on CBS Sportsline. There are a few simple things they could do to make it drastically better, but overall we had good success with it this year.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers