Yahoo barely making it to finish line? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo barely making it to finish line?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo barely making it to finish line?

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:36 am

At 9:30am ET the standings were not updated. This has been going on for weeks now. It used to be 3am ET but now here it is 6 hours later?

I am guessing that the NFL season blitz, upcoming NHL openers and NBA adds are slowing them down.

Anyone know for sure?
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: Yahoo barely making it to finish line?

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:11 pm

This is fairly normal in September with football going strong and hockey as well.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:37 am

This is really starting to annoy me; I usually check in the mornings and set my lineups according to how my scoring is going. I have stuff to do during the day, and my scores are still not updated at 10:30 ET.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Bwanna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:44 am

Yeah, it is pretty sad.

Question/Suggestion: Is there a way to tell when the standings are current as of? I.e., ' current as of 24-Sep-2007'? In my roto leagues, our standings are fairly stagnant (but close), and it's tough to know if the standings have changed.

EDIT: Another annoyance is that I can't even add up the totals myself, because the yesterday's stats aren't being displayed... what's up with that?

(Any Yahoo doods still monitoring these boards?)
Last edited by Bwanna on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby KCollins1304 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:46 am

Bwanna wrote:Yeah, it is pretty sad.

Question/Suggestion: Is there a way to tell when the standings are current as of? I.e., ' current as of 24-Sep-2007'? In my roto leagues, our standings are fairly stagnant (but close), and it's tough to know if the standings have changed.

(Any Yahoo doods still monitoring these boards?)

The best way to tell is to look at your team's stats from the day before. If the score hasn't been updated there won't be any stats showing for the previous night's games even if you have stattracker.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bwanna » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:48 am

KCollins1304 wrote:The best way to tell is to look at your team's stats from the day before. If the score hasn't been updated there won't be any stats showing for the previous night's games even if you have stattracker.

Haha... what I just added to my post above... not only are the standings not updated, you can't even check them from the night before and do the addition in your head. %-6
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby markj11 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:02 pm

I've been noticing a problem with players on waivers. Example:
Code: Select all
Bronson Arroyo (Cin - SP)      Hou W (Sep 25)
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clevername » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:07 pm

we're still not updated here after noon central time.

Come on, yahoo. I know football is king and all, but we're in the middle of playoffs here.
When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants in your room...is for fun.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madison » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:36 pm

Baseball wrapping up, football getting out of the gates, hockey drafting and getting ready, and basketball just opened. Busy, busy, busy. I don't remember the issues being quite this bad last year, so I'm not sure if Yahoo's just getting hammered by traffic, or if it's a bigger problem.... :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:42 pm

Madison wrote:Baseball wrapping up, football getting out of the gates, hockey drafting and getting ready, and basketball just opened. Busy, busy, busy. I don't remember the issues being quite this bad last year, so I'm not sure if Yahoo's just getting hammered by traffic, or if it's a bigger problem.... :-?

Yeah, I know it's busy, and I understand a little delay, but I don't remember it ever being this bad... :-[
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers