Bonds done in SF... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds done in SF...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bonds done in SF...

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:30 am

pokerplaya wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:as you should be, because (and i know it sounds crazy, and would have sounded MUCH more crazy about a month ago) but the mets might not make the playoffs. the pads are playing so good and if the phils overtake the mets, they are in trouble. especially with beltran going down.

Agreed. I'm a stupid biased Mets fan, but everyone else is biased as well when it comes to their team.

That said, if the Mets lose it - it's as much about the Phils as it is about the Mets - that bunch is a resiliant never-say-die (except for Burrell) team.

If the Mets lose it, it's not about the offense, it's all about the pen. But, if tonight is any indication, they aren't going to lay down and die. A guy who hasn't pitched well all season gave the best performance of any Met this season. Thanks Scotty.

(Cant belive I just thanked him)

;-D
lol except burrell...nice

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deuce » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:08 am

We're gonna miss him here.

Can't wait to see where he lands. With other bats in the line-up, he'll have better numbers than this year. I have him in a keeper and now I'm gonna hang on to him for another year. Hopefully Anaheim or Seattle.

Happy trails Barry
B-)
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:24 am

i'd love to see him play for another sorry team like KC or TB...and they refuse to give him his own locker section with a lazyboy and a big screen tv; that might make him retire.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:00 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:i'd love to see him play for another sorry team like KC or TB...and they refuse to give him his own locker section with a lazyboy and a big screen tv; that might make him retire.

I would gladly take him in TB for one final year. He could DH and hit 4th behind Crawford and Upton. :-L
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AdvRider » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:50 pm

Deuce wrote:We're gonna miss him here.

Happy trails Barry
B-)

As a San Franciscan myself, agreed. Bonds is the best if not the only entertainment the Giants have offered for a while now. Sorry to see him go.

I'd love to see him in Oakland just to be able to watch him regularly. Bay Area residents are more tolerant than most re his misdeeds so Oakland may make sense from Barry's perspective. And the A's have signed notable DH sluggers in the past couple of years, Thomas and Piazza. Hmmmm.

So long Barry...
AdvRider
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:43 pm

Honestly, this news just makes me like the Giants a little bit more. It'll be interesting to see which direction the team goes after he leaves.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:16 pm

I wonder if the Giants would have resigned him for next year had he not broken the record this year....
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:14 pm

Simulacrum wrote:Honestly, this news just makes me like the Giants a little bit more. It'll be interesting to see which direction the team goes after he leaves.

I'd love to say, 'into the cellar', except they are already there.
Now the teams needs more than they ever had. Other than a couple of young starters, they have nothing.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers