Bonds done in SF... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bonds done in SF...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bonds done in SF...

Postby damnitman » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:38 pm

He wants to keep playing and no NL GM would be foolish enough to sign him to play the field. So assuming an AL team with a decent lineup signs him to DH does this make him a 2nd rounder, maybe even first?
damnitman
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bonds done in SF...

Postby bleach168 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:07 pm

Even as a DH, he won't get much more than 400 ABs. And now that he's a .280 hitter, I don't see him going very high. I think 5th round would be the earliest someone might take him. I'd rather have Thome who can be had in the 7th round or later.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 51)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:58 pm

pretty misleading title. id suggest changing it.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 65)

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:06 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:pretty misleading title. id suggest changing it.

How is it misleading?

The Giants told him today that the will not resign him...that's exactly the title? :-?
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby Tavish » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:45 pm

damnitman wrote:He wants to keep playing and no NL GM would be foolish enough to sign him to play the field. So assuming an AL team with a decent lineup signs him to DH does this make him a 2nd rounder, maybe even first?

I don't think you can automatically rule Bonds out of signing in NL. He wasn't nearly as bad in the field this season as your statement makes him out to be.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby cordscords » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Tavish wrote:
damnitman wrote:He wants to keep playing and no NL GM would be foolish enough to sign him to play the field. So assuming an AL team with a decent lineup signs him to DH does this make him a 2nd rounder, maybe even first?

I don't think you can automatically rule Bonds out of signing in NL. He wasn't nearly as bad in the field this season as your statement makes him out to be.

I agree. But he remains another year older and that knee isnt getting any stronger. I wouldnt trust him in the field next season.
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:10 pm

pokerplaya wrote:

How is it misleading?

The Giants told him today that the will not resign him...that's exactly the title? :-?

oh sorry. i didnt see that they said that. i expected to see some kinda news copied or a link and then it just sounded like his opinion. my apologies. !+)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby pokerplaya » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:17 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:

How is it misleading?

oh sorry. i didnt see that they said that. i expected to see some kinda news copied or a link and then it just sounded like his opinion. my apologies. !+)

Hahaha. No worries.

I'm probably just overly sensitive because you're a Phillies fan, and my Mets look like little leaguers lately. :,-( !+)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:17 am

as you should be, because (and i know it sounds crazy, and would have sounded MUCH more crazy about a month ago) but the mets might not make the playoffs. the pads are playing so good and if the phils overtake the mets, they are in trouble. especially with beltran going down.

SIGS!

Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby pokerplaya » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:56 am

Snakes Gould wrote:as you should be, because (and i know it sounds crazy, and would have sounded MUCH more crazy about a month ago) but the mets might not make the playoffs. the pads are playing so good and if the phils overtake the mets, they are in trouble. especially with beltran going down.

Agreed. I'm a stupid biased Mets fan, but everyone else is biased as well when it comes to their team.

That said, if the Mets lose it - it's as much about the Phils as it is about the Mets - that bunch is a resiliant never-say-die (except for Burrell) team.

If the Mets lose it, it's not about the offense, it's all about the pen. But, if tonight is any indication, they aren't going to lay down and die. A guy who hasn't pitched well all season gave the best performance of any Met this season. Thanks Scotty.

(Cant belive I just thanked him)
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers