22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I right to be angry?

Yes
43%
No
43%
Not sure
13%

Total votes : 23

Re: 22 year old guy having sex with a 16 year old girl

Postby Coppermine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Sixteen is the legal age of consent in most states.

Two reasons: 16 year olds aren't retarded; by now they have a pretty good idea of how sex works. Also, if 16 weren't the age of consent, a lot of rural jails would start filling up.
If you're a battery, you're either working or you're dead....
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Coppermine wrote:Sixteen is the legal age of consent in most states.

Two reasons: 16 year olds aren't retarded; by now they have a pretty good idea of how sex works. Also, if 16 weren't the age of consent, a lot of rural jails would start filling up.

16 is still very young.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Coppermine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:17 pm

Yoda wrote:

16 is still very young.

Old enough to drive, go to jail and take responsibility for your own actions.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:35 pm

Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:

16 is still very young.

True although I think 21 makes more sense since you still can't do all the 'adult stuff' as a 16 yo but I can see your argument.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Coppermine » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:47 pm

Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:
16 is still very young.

True although I think 21 makes more sense since you still can't do all the 'adult stuff' as a 16 yo but I can see your argument.

So.... you're suggesting that we should raise the age of consent.... to 21??

And by "adult stuff" you mean drink alcohol, since that is the last frontier of age-based prohibitive practices. Yeah, we're the only industrialized nation with a drinking age that high. The "should the drinking age be lowered" debate has been beaten to death though.
Coppermine
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SJNez46 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:20 pm

josebach wrote:Raise your kids to the absolute best of your ability. Teach them goodness, pride, honor, discipline, respect and most importantly love. You make damned sure that kid knows how loved he/she is. After that, all you can do is trust the child/teenager and hope they make good decisions.

That's it.

good advice ;-D
^ Thanks a ton to Big Pimpin for the sig.^
My Sigs http://www.freewebs.com/sjnez46/sjnez46ssiggallery.htm
SJNez46
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics ExpertWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:21 am

SJNez46 wrote:
josebach wrote:Raise your kids to the absolute best of your ability. Teach them goodness, pride, honor, discipline, respect and most importantly love. You make damned sure that kid knows how loved he/she is. After that, all you can do is trust the child/teenager and hope they make good decisions.

That's it.

good advice ;-D

That wasn't meant to be advice. I think some people either know this or they don't and we should feel sorry for the children of those that don't.

A 16 year old girl is old enough to make her own decisions, but it does seem like dating a 22 year old is a bad one.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pacman » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:09 am

Okay, I'll just say this... first post ever, it's a provocative question like this, and it included (not anymore, thank you mods) a link to "this guy's" blog.

I suggest that the author of the topic is "this guy" and he was just trying to get hits to his blog.

Just my theory.

But while I'm at it... I'm a long way from 22, but I still remember those years. It's easy to think a 22 year old guy could be tempted to be with a 16-year old, from a physical standpoint, but it's a recipe for disaster... Even if he and she go through with "it", and even if he's lucky enough not to get her pregnant... :-S ... the guy would probably lose interest in her pretty soon thereafter. In other words, once he's gotten what he wants... he's then going to have to listen to a 16 year old girl talk (and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk)... and will pretty quickly gravitate toward young woman closer to his own age.

Now the 16-year old will be hurt/confused/depressed... and quite possible will make life h*ll for the 22 year old, at least for a while...

What I'm babbling about is, it's an obvious mistake for the 16 year old girl, but it's ALSO a big mistake for the 22 year old guy... the momentary pleasure won't be worth all the hasseles he's likely to encounter afterward.

But, the REAL bottom line is: 22 year old guys... and 16 year old girls... are going to do whatever the heck they want to do... no matter what people tell them. It's part of being young.

God help us all... ;-7
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Snakes Gould » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:39 pm

oh he most definitely wanted hits, which is why i didnt even click the link }:-)

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:38 am

Coppermine wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Coppermine wrote:Old enough to drive, go to jail and take responsibility for your own actions.

So.... you're suggesting that we should raise the age of consent.... to 21??

And by "adult stuff" you mean drink alcohol, since that is the last frontier of age-based prohibitive practices. Yeah, we're the only industrialized nation with a drinking age that high. The "should the drinking age be lowered" debate has been beaten to death though.

Not just alcohol actually... You can't even see a rated R movie as a 16 yo. I think until you are out of high school, you are pretty much still a kid. After high school, you are in the real world at least or off to college. Just my opinion. Personally, I know I made a lot of stupid decisions at that age.

Oh, and in some states you don't get your license until 17 so your argument doesn't exactly hold.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk