Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Obviously I want Holliday to win a batting title.

It angers me that people talk more about Chipper, Renteria, Utley then Holliday even though Holliday has more AB's by FAR!!

Chipper has 478
Renteria has 467
Utley has 495
Holliday has 600!

Its gonna so piss me off if Holliday loses the batting title by 1 point because he wasn't injured this year like the other 3
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:08 pm

I understand your frustration as a Rockies fan but the batting title really doesn't mean that much. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:09 pm

Yoda wrote:I understand your frustration as a Rockies fan but the batting title really doesn't mean that much. :-D



Well it means a lot to the city of denvers baseball fan or two trust me
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:28 pm

You have to draw the line somewhere, you can't just give it to whoever has the most ABs. Also, what makes you assume that the other guys wouldn't have been able to keep their production at the same pace for another 100 ABs?
Image
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby acsguitar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:You have to draw the line somewhere, you can't just give it to whoever has the most ABs. Also, what makes you assume that the other guys wouldn't have been able to keep their production at the same pace for another 100 ABs?


Why should we assume they can do it when Matt shows he can do it
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby great gretzky » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:19 pm

i see your point, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. I mean think of bonds, his ABs were suppressed because of his ability to walk. I think that you can't account for every variable in a discussion like this, rather, you have to establish some minimal standard as the baseline for judgment.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3769
Joined: 3 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby Noggy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:34 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:You have to draw the line somewhere, you can't just give it to whoever has the most ABs. Also, what makes you assume that the other guys wouldn't have been able to keep their production at the same pace for another 100 ABs?


Why should we assume they can do it when Matt shows he can do it


It's no worse than assuming how much lower Holliday's average would be if he didn't play half his games in Coors Field.
Noggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 527
Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:15 pm

I can understand your frustration, but what's fair is fair. If you start not giving it to people with 100 less ABs, where do you draw the line?
Image

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3542
(Past Year: 33)
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby Tavish » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:44 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:You have to draw the line somewhere, you can't just give it to whoever has the most ABs. Also, what makes you assume that the other guys wouldn't have been able to keep their production at the same pace for another 100 ABs?


Why should we assume they can do it when Matt shows he can do it

If Matt had played better he would have won. He just wasn't good enough this year.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11070
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Winning a batting title with Less Ab's Your Thoughts

Postby davidmarver » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:56 pm

Didn't the Rockies used to bench Larry Walker when he was going for batting titles so that he wouldn't hurt his average?

The bottom line: instead of complaining about your guy having more ABs than those other guys, perhaps you should look at the other side of the argument, where Braves fans complain about Coors adding ten to fifteen points to Holliday's. It's a much better argument.
Image
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 6154
Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 5.5 Hole

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Oct. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Detroit at Baltimore
(5:37 pm)
Kansas City at LA Angels
(9:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact