MAFIA X - Night 2 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MAFIA X - Night 2

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: MAFIA X - Day 2

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:47 pm

JTWood wrote:
pokerplaya wrote:I'd be willing to follow Wake's lead and role the dice. He's been pretty spot on so far.

Hmm... That sounds like a voting alliance. :^

I thought Snakes was acting odd earlier, but then I reread the Mookie/SJNez fight, and decided it was just too weird to ignore. I'm standing by my Mookie vote until the bitter end. And I might add, if I get tasered tonight, it's only going to put more suspicion on Mookie* - whom they incriminated on Night One.

I say kill Mook now. If you don't, and I die tonight, then you'll have to kill Mook tomorrow anyway. If we kill Mook, and he's a townie, I'll shut my mouth and vote for whomever I'm told to vote for on Day Three - if I make it there.

* For those needing an explanation, if I die, it will look like Mook offed me since I've been so adamantly against him.

Re-read your post and think about this for a moment. Didn't you just put a huge target on yourself?

Assume, just for the sake of argument that I'm not mafia. If I'm not mafia don't you think that the real mafia would want to kill you now. They get you out of the way and then jump on the bandwagon to kill me tomorrow b/c your prediction came true. That's all that you can accomplish with this post.

AND if I am mafia I can now kill you and say that the mafia is using the strategy that I just pointed out. I don't see any possible good coming from this strategy.

Trying to figure out what you are up to the only thing that I can think of is that you are trying to make it seem like you are at risk so that the doctor picks you to protect. Nothing else makes sense to me.

Your refusal to consider anybody else but me and your decision to stick with me to the bitter end is more than odd. Everybody else is open to reason and is willing to consider other factors. What's the strategy in saying that you will vote for me until the bitter end?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:55 pm

I didn't put a target on myself. It was already there. I just pointed it out to everyone. Someone, maybe even you, is trying to use you against us. Whether you're mafia or not, you're better off gone. The fact that you're acting so oddly makes the decision that much easier.

The only two people that have shown to not be one of either the mafia or ISK are deeray, who's most likely not mafia, and Wake, who was targeted by one of them. I'm not jumping on this bandwagon when I think it's heading the wrong direction. Besides, what do I lose personally if I'm wrong? If deeray is a townie, will people accuse me of being bad for not wanting to kill the townie? If that's the case, I didn't even vote to kill the townie. If he's mafia/ISK, it's not like I would have known. There are no more bad partners left. No one could accuse me of defending someone who I knew was bad.

Of course, I could change my mind, and then you could accuse me of flip-flopping... again. :-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby wake » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 am

JTWood wrote:I didn't put a target on myself. It was already there. I just pointed it out to everyone. Someone, maybe even you, is trying to use you against us. Whether you're mafia or not, you're better off gone. The fact that you're acting so oddly makes the decision that much easier.

The only two people that have shown to not be one of either the mafia or ISK are deeray, who's most likely not mafia, and Wake, who was targeted by one of them. I'm not jumping on this bandwagon when I think it's heading the wrong direction. Besides, what do I lose personally if I'm wrong? If deeray is a townie, will people accuse me of being bad for not wanting to kill the townie? If that's the case, I didn't even vote to kill the townie. If he's mafia/ISK, it's not like I would have known. There are no more bad partners left. No one could accuse me of defending someone who I knew was bad.

Of course, I could change my mind, and then you could accuse me of flip-flopping... again. :-t

What do you mean you have nothing to lose on the outcome of this vote? You personally might not be in danger, but you're not benefitting the town by making a vote that just benefits youself. Your last post also bothered me. Based on your last post, if Mookie's not mafia the mafia would just kill you so Mookie would be voted off the next day. If he is mafia, then he wouldn't kill you. Someone seriously playing for the town rather than survival would keep that to themselves for the next day.

I also wonder why you're so incredibly convinced that Sj couldn't have made a meaningless vote on deeray but yet he could come up with a complex feud against Mookie. Either eay it shows that SJ would be willing to attack his partner early on. Why is it impossible that he'd do it against deeray and yet almost a certainty against Mookie?

By the way, for people voting just based on my votes, I've done better at this game as mafia than I have as town. Don't necessarily take my word for granted.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:21 am

so ive been out all night drinking and now i come back and a lot has changed...i guess if i vote for deeray and he ends up not being ISK or mafia, then im out tomorrow since i put the last vote on him but im not going to let myself get voted off here knowing im not mafia or the ISK....

as for the me agreeing with teddy comment, i meant it as i agree with you about deeray and im still going with mookie.

Vote: Deeray

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Snakes Gould » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:22 am

Unvote: Mookie

but you're still next on my list....

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:32 am

way to go killing a townie :-t
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JTWood » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:53 am

wake wrote:What do you mean you have nothing to lose on the outcome of this vote? You personally might not be in danger, but you're not benefitting the town by making a vote that just benefits youself. Your last post also bothered me.

I'm not benefiting the town if I stick to my guns and vote on what I feel is solid evidence? Or maybe the town's better off voting on bad logic and killing another townie like they just did. I'm sticking with Mook because he's the most logical suspect right now. That is thinking of the town.

Wake wrote:Based on your last post, if Mookie's not mafia the mafia would just kill you so Mookie would be voted off the next day. If he is mafia, then he wouldn't kill you. Someone seriously playing for the town rather than survival would keep that to themselves for the next day.

As I said earlier, that was already a probability. I'm simply bringing it to light. I was also hoping that post would get people to vote off Mookie - since I'm trying to protect the town. Obviously, we decided that killing a townie was a better idea. I strongly suggest looking at who blatantly ignored my post about SJNez's vote to see who's a bad guy.

Wake wrote:I also wonder why you're so incredibly convinced that Sj couldn't have made a meaningless vote on deeray but yet he could come up with a complex feud against Mookie. Either eay it shows that SJ would be willing to attack his partner early on. Why is it impossible that he'd do it against deeray and yet almost a certainty against Mookie?

The vote against deeray was subtle and quick. The fight with Mookie was agonizingly protracted.

There are difference between the two events.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby JTWood » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:58 am

deerayfan072 wrote:way to go killing a townie :-t

I'm utterly amazed that everyone discarded SJNez's vote for you on Day One so easily.

Even you didn't even seem to bring it up much. :-?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby J35J » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:06 am

The town finds more creative ways to use their taser's and it only takes 4 hours to kill one of their own. DeeRay was a towny

It is now night. I need all the Night PMs from the appropriate people and I will start Day 3 in a new thread.

Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 363)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:42 am

Wow, just wow.

Snakes goes to great lengths to tell us that the person casting the deciding vote is as good as admitting to being a bad guy.

Snakes Gould wrote:now if one of the mafia hasnt already voted for me the last person voting for me would be awfully suspicious now wouldnt they.....

Snakes Gould wrote:it wasnt a ploy teddy.... its the truth...why would any non-mafia vote for me if i voted for myself? if i vote for myself and im mafia and ONE person votes for me the game's over. its not a risk anyone would be willing to take. this is a team game, if i die, i can still win. so if you guys kill me off it'll give the town much more to go with because you'd have another voting history to go over with.

why does deeray keep saying he wont vote for anyone that didnt vote for aussie? 7 out of the 9 people on here voted for him and with good reason. im pretty sure he's only saying this because he didnt, leave me to believe hes a mafia or the ISK....

my prediction:
mookie = isk
deeray = mafia

and then after all of that HE is the one that casts the deciding vote for deeray. Try to explain that one. That just make no sense at all.

And then there is JT who was implying that JNez and Deeray were trying to set us up with Deeray's vote for Jnez on Day one

StlSluggers wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Snakes is still my first guess, and deeray is my second.

So you think that SJNez voted for his partner on day one?

then he changes his tune to make us believe that he was arguing against Deeray being mafia

JTWood wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:way to go killing a townie :-t

I'm utterly amazed that everyone discarded SJNez's vote for you on Day One so easily.

Even you didn't even seem to bring it up much. :-?

If your first post was meant to mean that you think that Deeray is a townie b/c he voted for Jnez on Day 1 then it was lost on me b/c I took it to mean the exact opposite - especially since you were arguing that the fight between me and Jnez was a set up.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk