any1 know where i can find a 2004 mock draft program - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

any1 know where i can find a 2004 mock draft program

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby xeifrank » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:57 pm

Thanks for all the comments, hope everyone is getting good use out of the Mock Draft Software. Once yahoo has their player rankings out, you will be able to let the computer draft by the yahoo rankings, instead of replacement value rankings. This may make for a more realistic draft, but it will make it pretty easy to outdraft the computer, especially if you use the advice feature. It is at this point you will see the power of the program in it's ability to help you outdraft your opponents. At the moment many of you are having to punt categories to outdraft the computer. This strategy can work in a real league, but it does have it's risks.

Xeifrank
Author of: 2013 Mock Draft Software
Author of: Dodger Sims
Author of: The Sober Angels
Author of: Xei On Sports
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby xeifrank » Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:07 pm

Hey guys, don't worry about giving suggestions. I like hearing them, some are impossible to implement others are do-able.

KolbSaves wrote:O.k. a couple suggestions:

1. Have adjustable intelligence levels for each team instead of the entire league as a whole. Have the intelligence levels have more settings, maybe a slider or rating, instead of the current three intelligence settings.

Very good idea, I've tinkered around with this thought or something similiar to it.

2. Set up another analysis mode where the bench plays into your standings. A lot of people take 6 or 7 sp, 3 or 4 rp, keep the rp in in the lineup and shuffle in and out sp so that the sp only play 75 or 80% of their starts. Maybe group all the sp (bench or not) and boost their stats 10% or something to account for smart benching- then include the stats into the standings. Make this an option that can be toggled on and off during the draft so you can look at different analysis options of your team and the league. If you could/wanted to you could allow the user to create specific weightings and save them as analysis masks that they could open, so they could more accurately gague their team according to how they like to use their bench spots.

The best way to simulate bench players is to just expand your roster size, make bench hitters extra UTIL players and bench pitchers as extra P. I know some people may put all their bench as hitters or as pitchers, so it's not perfect but can help a little. I will look into having a setting for making ALL bench players stats count towards projected standings.

p.s. any plans to update the projections before the season starts? or just alter team names like a-rod NYA

I update the obvious stuff, like players changing teams. The projections aren't mine and I am not in the business of making projections, but I do give everyone something to start with. Feel free to adjust the projections on your own, I would recommend renaming the file when you do so, so if you download a newer version your changes don't get overwritten.

Also, for those of you using OBP instead of batting average, you can adjust the hits to be the amount of hits+bb+any other way of reaching base.

vr,

Xeifrank
My Fantasy Baseball Blog
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby xeifrank » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:55 am

version 2.18 is now out.

I updated many of the position eligibilities from Yahoo.
(hitters04.txt file)

vr,

Xeifrank
xeifrank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:34 pm

Question:

If we want to get the updated files, do we reinstall or is there another way?

Thanks for the awesome program, and thanks for updating the position files to what yahoo has them at! Saved me a bunch of work....or at least some work.!

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Strasbg,King F,Harvey,Scherzer,Teheran,Street,Jansen,Hernandez
BA 5,HR 9.5,R 4,RBI 6,SB 2,ERA 12,H+S 8,K 11,W 7.5,WHIP 11,TOT 76 pt 3rd
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:40 pm

Joe Mauer wrote:Question:

If we want to get the updated files, do we reinstall or is there another way?

Thanks for the awesome program, and thanks for updating the position files to what yahoo has them at! Saved me a bunch of work....or at least some work.!

at the moment you have to download an re-install, but you make a good point, I will put a download for the data files only. But every once in a while I make some upgrades to the program so it doesn't hurt to download and re-install. Just make sure if you made some changes to any data files, that you rename them before downloading and installing, so your changes don't get overwritten.

vr,

Xeifrank

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:54 pm

It still says Feb 15 was the last day it was updated, might want to change the text
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Joe Mauer » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:58 pm

I did not look past the first player I was looking for to see if his position availability was adjusted to what it is in Yahoo. That player, my favorite, is Albert Pujols, and he is elegible in OF and 1B. I could do some legwork for ya and look for other players who may have fell through the cracks on position eligibility in your program when compared to Yahoo if you want me to. This is from accessing the feb. 18 hittier04 file.

Pierz,Castro,Tulo,Espinosa,Gyorko,Goldschmidt,Encarna,Howard,Carter,Cespedes,Marte,Soriano,Brown,Ludwick,Smoak
Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: Standing outside the Metrodome singing "We're going to win Twins, We're going to score...."

Postby TheRock » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:37 pm

I got tired of manually editing the projections files and wrote a simple app to make it a little easier. If anyone has been using Xeifrank's drafting software and would like it, I can e-mail you a copy.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Joe Mauer » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:17 am

TheRock. That would be great. My email is mailto:pruchastars@yahoo.com

Joe Mauer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:56 am

Yeah me too, I sent you a pm rock. :-)
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers