Official Prince & the Revolution Countdown to 50 Thread! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Official Prince & the Revolution Countdown to 50 Thread!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Official Prince & the Revolution Countdown to 50 Thread!

Postby Yoda » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:10 pm

I traded Fielder for Hamels, Atkins and Dye at the trade deadline in my keeper in an effort to win this year... That was a bad trade but at least I am in the finals right? Right? :-o
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Old_Style » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:01 pm

That makes 50 for Cecil's son.
What are his chances of getting the NL MVP award? Do the Brewers have to make the playoffs for him to have any chance?
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:23 am

Old_Style wrote:That makes 50 for Cecil's son.
What are his chances of getting the NL MVP award? Do the Brewers have to make the playoffs for him to have any chance?

I tend to think so. I believe the same goes for Matt Holliday and Jimmy Rollins if either player's team squeaks by into the playoffs. Definitely, all 3 are big-time contributors down the stretch and leading their squads into contention.

As for Prince, I'm glad to have him, M-Cab, and Rollins anchoring my infield in my dynasty league. I thought he had the potential to bust out for 40 HR this season, like a number of folks here and I was on the optimistic end of the spectrum that he could turn in a Ryan Howard-like year, but at any rate, he's been flat-out brilliant. 50 HR's at age 23, wow. Even his old man had to make a stopover in Japan to turn into a good slugger, let alone, a great one.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 674)

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:41 pm

He's now the youngest player to hit 50 HR in a season (Willie Mays was the youngest prior to Prince). With a number of games left, he could surpass his father's mark (51) and could conceivable catch A-Rod. I'm still at a loss to understand why he's getting almost no press or hype for this incredible feat. I thought he was underrated coming into 2007 and he may STILL be underrated in 2008, if it's possible to be underrated after hitting 50 HR.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers