I need minor league roster rules info... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

I need minor league roster rules info...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need minor league roster rules info...

Postby kidfan9 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:41 am

Hey,

I'm the commish of a league on yahoo and we also use a minor league roster. Alot of us want to change our current rules regarding how long we can keep players on the minor league roster before adding them to our major/yahoo roster. It's just a straight draft and keep type of deal. As it is now it's the "regular" 150 AB's or 50 innings pitched before you have to call them up. I'm looking for some advice on what changes I could make--extend the limits or some other way to make everyone happy. Feel free to post your rules or direct me to a website that gives such info.

Thanks,
Gary
Red Sox #9
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: I need minor league roster rules info...

Postby redsoxtalk » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:25 pm

Hi, I am just starting a similar league on Yahoo! and our plan is to have limited (4-5) minor league slots, which you can fill once a year in a draft. When they are called up, you may add them, provided you make room on your active roster. You may also keep them on the minor league roster until the end of the year. Once they no longer qualify as a minor leaguer, however, you must promote them or drop them before the next season begins.

How many slots does each team have in your league?

Thanks, and good luck.
redsoxtalk
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner