Trade offer, what do you guys think? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade offer, what do you guys think?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade offer, what do you guys think?

Postby uanap » Mon May 13, 2002 9:00 pm

Ok, for those of you that arent aware, my team's pitching staff SUCKS. By the way, its a twelve man 5x5 classic roto league. I have an the following offer on the table for me:

Give: Arod, Andruw, Mulder (or Morris), and Dempster

Get: Omar Vizquel, Larry Walker, Lieter (or Schilling if Morris is included instead of Mulder), and Padilla.

Thanks for your advice and help fellas.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Mon May 13, 2002 9:14 pm

No go. Not enough return for giving up A-Rod. Looks like there might be room for negotiation here, though...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby uanap » Mon May 13, 2002 11:02 pm

Thanks for the input Arlo. I'll be sure to keep you informed on what transpires. Maybe I can part with a lesser OF and keep Dempster. Though Dempster can scare me sometimes.

Arod is the best SS by far and probably the best position player out there. But I need pitching in the worst way, but I wont let him go without shopping him and getting the best deal for him.

Which leads me to another question. Does anyone know of any potential break outs this year at SS? For example, what do you think of Julio Lugo?
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Tue May 14, 2002 5:03 am

Lugo certainly is hot right now. If he can keep hitting at this level, he certainly qualifies as a breakout. I don't think he'll ever give you much power, but the rest of his stats ought to be solid for a thin position.

Carlos Guillen has certainly performed better than expected. He also won't be a star, but might be worth a look for those hurting at ss. Izturis has potential but may not show it for a while. And Rey Sanchez will be overlooked in many leagues.

As to the trade, I'm not sure that Dempster is the (main) issue. I just wouldn't be happy receiving Leiter as the main pitching return in a trade where I give A-Rod, and if you get Schilling, giving up Morris is too much. The deal would look a lot better if you can find a scenario where you receive Schilling and keep Morris. Good luck wheeling and dealing!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Tue May 14, 2002 6:07 am

Oh yes - also keep an eye on Furcal's status in Atlanta. If he misses significant time, the Braves could go with Betemit. Not likely (Furcal should be fine), but worth keeping in mind.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby uanap » Tue May 14, 2002 9:14 pm

how about this:

arod, erstad and dempster for leiter, vizquel, and padilla??
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby timkell » Tue May 14, 2002 9:41 pm

I agree with Arlo. As soon as you put Arod in the mix, you have to get back Schilling. It's only fair! We're talking about the most in-demand player in all of fantasy here. Start off with Arod and Schilling, then see what else to add.
timkell
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby mktgteach » Tue May 14, 2002 10:46 pm

If Arod is in the mix, another STUD name has to be in the mix. I am sure that you selected ARod with your 1st pick? You had a top 3 pick? So, unless you are getting a 1st round pick in that deal, it isn't worth it. 50 HR's from a shortstop? You don't replace that.

I'm out! ;-D
Go Hokies!
mktgteach
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Arlo » Wed May 15, 2002 3:39 am

I agree. Start with A-Rod and Schilling, and then form a package around those two. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers